We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
The Life Science Product’s Director of Engineering provides a strategic technical and people leadership role for building critical Komodo Health applications that drive new business. You’ll be instrumental in leading “data first” technical teams and driving overall architecture of new product initiatives that provide actionable insights to improve health outcomes. You will closely collaborate with Product Management developing a strategic product roadmap, handle tactical planning, and own key technical decisions for challenging problems. The leadership and coaching you provide will grow our engineers, empower them to do their best work, and improve our development processes. You will foster a culture of collaboration, trust, and technical expertise while launching high quality products aligned with our mission.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Managed, coordinated, and delivered on key initiatives such as developing new complex product features, improving data quality, addressing platform security concerns, and enhancing release automation.
- Partnered with other teams across the Engineering organization and closely with Product Management, Program Management, and Technical Leads to weigh in on project priorities, project estimation, and risk identification for roadmap projects.
- Collaborated on new feature technical architecture design reviews while defining a strong long term technical strategy aligned with industry best practices.
- Actively coached and inspired your team with timely and actionable feedback synthesized from peer feedback.
- Collaborated with Product Managers, Data Engineers and Data Scientists to implement data validation and/or data quality enhancements.
- Discussed and planned your team’s individual career goals around professional growth and technical expertise.
- Contributed to hiring and growing the team by recruiting engineers and improving our hiring processes
What you bring to Komodo:
- Engineering management experience with customer facing applications in high-growth engineering organizations directly managing and growing 10+ engineers.
- You have in-depth experience with some combination of cloud infrastructure, enterprise software, data pipeline development, or complex web platform development. AWS managed services preferred.
- You have a working knowledge of a modern programming language (Python preferred), data pipeline engineering, relational database design, web platform development, API design, or distributed systems. You’re not required to be an expert in all of these areas, but it helps to be an expert in some.
- Expertise with industry standard data pipeline and processing tools (Spark, AWS EMR, Hadoop) and data warehousing (Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery)
- Experience collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to build a high-level roadmap and vision for a team delivering against a collaboratively defined roadmap.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional teams work at a software product company and experience managing such teams.
- Understand and design for non-functional concerns such as performance, cost optimization, and maintainability
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
- Ability to work as part of an agile collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos