We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Generation of a medically-related cohort is the gateway to all the work we do at Komodo Health. As a member of the team responsible for Komodo’s standardized approach to healthcare cohort generation (Prism), you are responsible for the backbone data retrieval and transformations required by our internal service layer used to serve cohort generation along a variety of axes - patients, payers, providers, etc. You are responsible for ensuring that complex cohort generation queries are supported through the cohort generation API, adhere to SLAs, and for the underlying caching necessary to support multiple cohort generation access patterns.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Expanded or enhanced the Prism internal data model to ensure timely performance for all types of cohort generation requests
- Recommended and implemented additional pre-calculation and caching strategies as needed to ensure that SLAs are met
- Promoted API versioning best practices and open API standards in development
- Leveraged relevant AWS services (API gateway, lambdas, among others), updating as needed to take advantage of new beneficial features in support of the API
- Partnered with product managers to understand the variety of internal and external cohort specification needs across a diverse set of use cases
- Ensured non-functional requirements are met, such as around developer experience and maintainability
- Managed technical dependencies between different microservices to ensure smooth operations
- Set a high technical standard overall and be a mentoring resource for others on the team and in the larger organization
What you bring to Komodo:
- Significant experience designing APIs for use in web application development (synchronous vs asynchronous response patterns, caching strategies, etc)
- Significant experience optimizing data retrieval processes supporting API output, as above, ideally within a low query volume / high data volume environment
- Demonstrably deep experience with Python
- Demonstrably deep experience with relevant ‘big data’ processing either via Spark or through a modern MPP database like Snowflake, ideally with experience in both
- Experience with separate caching/cache invalidation strategies
- Understand and design for non-functional concerns such as performance, cost optimization, maintainability and developer experience
- Strong communication with engineers, product managers, and salespeople
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
- Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Brewing up the future, today.