Senior Software Engineer, Cloud Infrastructure
Komodo Health, New York City
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
Komodo is growing rapidly and expanding our product portfolio. This means our cloud infrastructure needs are correspondingly increasing, and we are looking for an experienced individual to help grow our cloud infrastructure as a key member of the team.
The Infrastructure team’s mission is to build reliable, scalable, observable, and secure infrastructure platforms, services, and tools for our product and data teams. We own application delivery platforms such as Jenkins and big data platforms such as JupyterHub, Spark, and Airflow.
AWS underpins all that we do, and our Cloud Infrastructure Engineers provide deep expertise to our teams across AWS’s core compute, networking and storage services, including Kubernetes (with EKS). Kubernetes is our container orchestration technology of choice and is used throughout the company to power our products and big data platforms.
While we expect our Cloud Infra Engineers to possess deep AWS and K8S expertise, it doesn’t stop there. You’ll have the opportunity to work with Data Infrastructure (Spark, Airflow) as well as our Application Infrastructure..
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have:
- Developed a detailed understanding of our cloud infrastructure systems and identified areas for improvement
- Develop deep domain experience with Kubernetes and AWS
- Develop tools to scale our Kubernetes usage across the company
- Automate infrastructure with IAC tools such as Terraform and Packer
- Improve the security posture of our infrastructure
- Implement additional monitoring and logging
- Support of our Kubernetes clusters and their uptime and availability.
- Work with our engineering teams to troubleshoot issues, provide guidance, and enable them to work with our infrastructure and platforms
Some of the projects we are currently working on:
- Improvements to our Kubernetes architecture to enable more efficient allocation of nodes
- Security hardening of cloud infrastructure
- Internal software systems and self-service tools to enable the creation of secure and compliant AWS resources
- Building our centralized logging infrastructure
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Experience with AWS and its core Compute, Storage, Networking services such as EC2, EBS, S3, Load Balancing, Autoscaling Groups, VPCs.
- Comfortable operating in and supporting a Linux environment.
- Good understanding of containers or compute virtualization principles more generally
- Possess or develop expertise about Kubernetes or other container orchestration frameworks, including related concepts such as architecture, namespaces, services, and role-based access control.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform, Cloudformation, and Packer.
- Experience with infrastructure logging and monitoring
- Proficient in a programming language such as Python.
- Understanding of cloud security best practices
- Ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Ability to operate in fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger Global
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Help the world share their story