Senior Technical Program Manager, Data Governance
Komodo Health, San Francisco, California
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health's mission is to reduce the burden of disease. As we continue to grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Senior Technical Program Manager to the Technical Program Management (TPM) team.
Data is critical for Komodo Health’s success. This Senior Technical Program Manager will partner with our Product and Engineering teams to deliver crucial programs to improve data governance, quality, timeliness, reliability and security. This person should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with stakeholders across the company.
- Drive company-wide adoption of Data Quality and Data Governance tools with efficiency and speed
- Work with Legal and Compliance to establish the Data Governance & Quality Strategy enhancements
- Coordination program management activities to assist Product Engineering as they design and build the Technical Architecture to support Data Governance and, Quality improvements
- Identify KPIs or success metrics to measure Data Governance and Data Quality tool adoption and adherence across the organization
- Create, manage and continuously optimize the program plan, delivery activities and processes by ensuring effective prioritization / trade-offs against an overall strategy and organizational constraints
- Decompose complex technical programs into bite-sized execution-oriented initiatives and drive them to completion
- Provide stakeholders with complete visibility into the progress, execution status, issues and decisions for all technical programs
- Help promote a Data Governance culture throughout the organization and provide regular reporting on Data Governance metrics and activities
- Help evolve data access, availability, retention, security, privacy and compliance policies and associated enforcement mechanisms
What You Bring To Komodo
- Willingness to learn, drive and build end to end knowledge and experience to promote adoption of a Business Glossary, Data Catalog, Data Quality, Metadata Management, Data Access Control or overall Data Governance Program involving scalable, reliable big data, and data analytics platforms
- Experience with Data Catalog, Data Quality and Data Governance commercial tools (e.g. Talend, Informatica, OneTrust, Collibra or Alation) and/or open source frameworks (e.g. Apache Atlas, Amundsen, DataHub, Great Expectations or Data Portal) as well as experience with Data Access Control and Compliance tools (e.g. Immuta, Okera or Privacera) is a plus
- Conceptual and functional experience in data processes, data design and modeling
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the intersection between business, analytics, product engineering, and regulatory environments resulting in a proactive approach, focusing on reusable solutions, to improve efficiency while minimizing data risk
- In-depth understanding of one or more industry and/or compliance regulations – HIPAA, SOC Type 1/2, EU Privacy Shield, CCPA
- Knowledge of information security audit, risk management and policy compliance is a plus
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences
- Excellent business process and change management skills with an ability to develop strategy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success
- Software Delivery Experience as an agile practitioner with solid understanding of Agile Scrum and Kanban development methodologies
- Proficient at using project management, data analysis and team collaboration tools, such as GSuite, Excel, JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets.
- Ability to drive technical conversations toward productive solutions by including the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, and timelines for masterful execution and delivery
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration between cross-functional teams across the organization who may have competing priorities
- Learning mindset, intellectually honest, aligned to delivering “wow!”, hungry for the opportunity and a believer in enjoying the ride (our values).
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.