Director of Engineering, Core Platform Services
Komodo Health, Chicago
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
As Director of the Platform Management Services team, you will lead the delivery of all the most core capabilities of Komodo Health’s platform - authn/authz, tokenization, and a variety of automation capabilities designed to enable self-service provisioning of user workflows. You’ll provide strategic, technical, and people leadership toward key enterprise milestones in the delivery of the company’s key strategic initiatives. You’ll be instrumental in providing technical guidance toward the automation of reusable pipeline frameworks, instrumenting pipelines, and API-first design practices to ensure flexibility and abstraction. You will closely collaborate with Product Management to develop a strategic product roadmap, handle tactical planning, and own key technical decisions for challenging problems. The leadership and coaching you provide will grow our engineers, empower them to do their best work, and improve our development processes. You will foster a culture of collaboration, trust, and technical expertise while raising the bar for developer enablement across our client base.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have:
- Managed and delivered on key initiatives such as self-service APIs designed to permit ingestion of third-party data, automated provisioning and configuration of data pipelines, environment / compute provisioning, and so on.
- Leveraged your previous experience running infrastructure and service development teams to build standards around monitoring and instrumentation for our service layer, and apply industry best practices to key, centrally developed application components (authn/z).
- Worked with the Data Foundation team to develop and incorporate pipeline development and configuration standards.
- Worked with our infrastructure team to ensure that all API instrumentation, logging, and hardware provisioning is developed to leverage centrally-provided infra capabilities
- Partnered with other teams across the Engineering organization and closely with. Product Management, Program Management, and Technical Leads to weigh in on project priorities, project estimation, and risk identification for roadmap projects.
- Collaborated on new feature technical architecture design reviews while defining a strong long term technical strategy aligned with industry best practices.
- Actively coached and inspired your team with timely and actionable feedback synthesized from peer feedback.
- Discussed and planned your team’s individual career goals around professional growth and technical expertise.
- Contributed to hiring and growing the team by recruiting engineers and improving our hiring processes.
What You Bring to Komodo
- Engineering management experience with a focus on service/application development in high-growth engineering organizations directly managing and growing multiple ‘two pizza’ engineering teams.
- You have in-depth experience with all aspects of delivering cloud-native (AWS preferred) data pipelines, CI/CD best practices, meeting quality SLAs, etc.
- Significant experience developing REST APIs to meet client SLAs and generally designing services to function in an API-first, microservice-focused architecture
- Experience collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to build a high-level roadmap and vision for a team delivering against a collaboratively defined roadmap.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional teams work at a software product company and experience managing such teams.
- Understand and design for non-functional concerns such as performance, cost optimization, and maintainability
- Experience leading recruiting initiatives, as well as growing and organizing engineering teams.
- Ability to work as part of an agile collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- You don’t need to have expertise in all areas, here, but you should feel comfortable with the following technologies:
- Experience with Python, specifically in a Spark environment (PySpark, SparkSQL)
- Experience with modern cloud infrastructure for data processing at scale (EMR, Databricks, etc)
- Familiarity with industry-standard pipeline orchestration methods, as well as CI/CD and testing approaches for pipeline infrastructure and job execution.
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger Global
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price