We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health:
Komodo is growing rapidly and expanding our product portfolio. This means our security needs are correspondingly increasing, and we are looking for an experienced individual to help us Shift Left and improve our security posture across the organization.
The Security team’s mission is to ensure our data, infrastructure, and applications are safeguarded. Since we work with healthcare data, security is high priority.
In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to wear multiple hats and support security initiatives broadly across the company and will be a key contributor in maturing our security capabilities.
Looking back at your first 12 months at Komodo, you will have:
- Developed an understanding of our security strategy and our focus areas
- Contribute to improving our cloud security, application security, data security, or corporate security
- Developed internal tooling to automate security detection and configuration
- Improved our ability to detect vulnerabilities in our applications
- Vet the security posture for third party vendors
- Partner with internal engineering teams to implement projects and respond to ad-hoc requests
- Monitor and respond to alerts from SIEM and other alerts
- Respond to ad-hoc requests.
Some of the projects we are currently working on:
- Re-architecting our IAM permissioning to enable scale and least privilege
- Developing a Vulnerability Management strategy
- Evaluating Container Analysis Tools
- Rolling out an Application Security training program
- Rolling out a Vulnerability Disclosure Program
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Experience with Identity and Access Management (AWS, IAM, Okta, IDP/SP)
- Experience with securing resources in AWS including networking services such as VPCs, security groups, and TCP/IP
- Experience with security services in AWS Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, AWS Config, Trusted Advisor
- Experience with Python scripting and automation
- Experience responding to and investigating security events and tracking remediation
- Ability to get up to speed on new security framework and concepts
- Experience with application security, OWASP Top 10, SAST, and DAST solutions
- Willingness to be a security generalist and wear multiple hats
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Breakaway Partners
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger Global
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.