We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo aims to build the most accessible, actionable collection of healthcare data in the industry. Our diverse clients have a range of familiarity with healthcare technicalities and we strive to provide products designed to be simple enough for a layperson while also allowing power users to explore our data with all the depth and sophistication they require.
As a Software Engineer on Komodo Health’s team, you will be focusing on our internal service layer used to serve a variety of axes - patients, payers, providers, etc. You will enable complex queries supported through backend APIs, adhere to SLAs, and the underlying caching necessary to support multiple access patterns.
By exposing the power of Komodo’s data directly to consumers, and leveraging innovative caching techniques to create drillable, pivotable visualizations, you will help create a state-of-the-art interactive experience for internal and external users alike.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Expanded or enhanced internal data models to ensure timely performance for all types of requests
- Recommended and implemented additional pre-calculation and caching strategies as needed to ensure that SLAs are met
- Promoted backend API versioning best practices and open API standards in development
- Leveraged relevant AWS services (API gateway, lambdas, among others), updating as needed to take advantage of new beneficial features in support of the API
- Partnered with our Product Managers and wrote design documents to help explain tradeoffs between implementation choices
- Ensured non-functional requirements are met, such as around developer experience and maintainability
- Managed technical dependencies between different microservices to ensure smooth operations
What you bring to Komodo:
- Experience designing backend APIs for use in web application development (synchronous vs asynchronous response patterns, caching strategies, etc)
- Expertise optimizing data retrieval processes supporting API output, as above, ideally within a low query volume / high data volume environment
- Demonstrate deep programming experience with Python
- Exposure with relevant ‘big data’ processing either via Spark or through a modern MPP database like Snowflake
- Experience with separate caching/cache invalidation strategies
- Understand design for non-functional concerns such as performance, cost optimization, maintainability and developer experience
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to initiate and effectively drive projects proactively
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Breakaway Partners
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger Global
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one