We Breathe Life Into Data!
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. Smarter use of data is essential to this mission. We combine the world’s most comprehensive view of patient encounters with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical expertise to power our Healthcare Map, the industry’s most precise view of the U.S. healthcare system. With the Healthcare Map as our foundation, we offer a suite of powerful software applications that deliver exceptional value to the industry.
Our people are the center of our success. We are a smart, supportive team with diverse perspectives and a shared passion for fixing what’s broken in healthcare. It’s fun, challenging and important. Join us!
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health leverages the latest data engineering technology such as Spark, Airflow, and Snowflake to tackle some of healthcare’s biggest challenges by transforming extraordinary amounts of data into rich and meaningful insights.
As a Senior Data Engineer on Komodo Health’s team, you will be solving complex data challenges while helping build and scale our data platform that powers state-of-the-art interactive product experiences. You will enable smarter, more innovative uses of healthcare datasets by designing robust data pipelines and implementing data best practices.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Built foundational pieces of our data infrastructure, pipelines, and data services underlying our healthcare platform or products
- Solved technical challenges in partnership with senior Engineering team members on data platform and pipeline architecture
- Designed and developed reliable data pipelines that transform data at scale, orchestrated jobs via Airflow, using SQL and Python in Snowflake and/or Spark
- Recommended continuous improvements to our data governance practices and implemented data quality improvements
- Drove implementation of technical enhancements to our CI/CD processes and build tooling to ensure data consistency and quality
- Gained an understanding of the broader Komodo Health data landscape and clinical solution design
- Mentored more junior members of the team and provided thorough code reviews
What you bring to Komodo:
- Expertise designing and developing with distributed data processing platforms like Spark and pipeline orchestration tools like Airflow
- Demonstrated proficiency writing code and contributing to large, complex data pipeline codebases with Python, Scala, or Java
- Experience with SQL and query design on large, complex datasets
- Experience leading data modeling, schema design, and data storage design with relational, NoSQL, and MPP databases (PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, Redshift, Redis, BiqQuery, DynamoDB)
- Experience leading improvements to CI/CD build tooling in a containerized environment, from deployment pipelines (Jenkins, etc), infrastructure as code (Terraform, Cloudformation), and configuration management via Docker and Kubernetes
- Excellent cross-team communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to initiate and effectively drive projects proactively
Curiosity piqued? Learn more about us!
- Komodo Health Acquires Breakaway Partners
- Komodo Health Secures $220M in Series E funding led by Tiger Global
- Komodo Health Acquires Mavens, Series D funding led by ICONIQ Growth
- Wealthfront: The 2021 Career Launching Companies List
- In Conversation with Dr. Arif Nathoo, Komodo Health’s CEO
- Komodo Health’s ‘Meet a Dragon’ series
- Komodo’s Values that Drive our Culture
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one