Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the world’s most actionable healthcare map. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. We value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer with strong foundational web development skills to play a pivotal role in the continual development of our leading healthcare products and platform.
Our application front-ends are entirely web and mobile web--we don’t have any native mobile clients--so a solid grounding in HTML and CSS is a must. We also leverage React and Redux to power our single-page applications, so a background in reactive programming is also key.
As a core member of this team, you will work closely with your team to build cutting-edge solutions following lean/agile development process. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of talented individuals focused on using the latest technology to address complex real world problems currently impacting the healthcare industry.
Positions available in NYC and San Francisco.
- Design and implement front-end components and services
- Develop solutions that account for scalability, optimize performance, and provide engaging user experiences
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvement
- Produce high quality production-ready code in an agile environment
- Advocate programming best practices and standards
- Collaborate closely with the product team to build new features and reusable components and frameworks
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years front-end engineering experience
- Experience with and strong knowledge of
- HTML and CSS
- REST based APIs design (JSON, XML, etc.)
- Understanding of front-end testing practices (e.g., instrumenting your markup for Selenium testing)
- Knowledge of design patterns and software engineering best practices
- You've been through the planning, launching and refactoring phases of code you wrote
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated and responsible individual who strives to exceed expectations
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company as we grow
Nice to Have
- Experience or interest in life sciences and healthcare
- Prior web design or UX experience
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location(s) in SF/SOMA and NY/Union Square
- and more…
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.