We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
We are looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to play a pivotal role in the continual development of our leading healthcare platform. As a core member of this team, you will work closely with the business to build cutting-edge solutions following the lean/agile development process. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of talented individuals focused on using the latest technology to address complex real world problems currently impacting the healthcare industry.
About The Team
The Infrastructure Team’s mission is to accelerate our engineering teams by providing automated, reliable, scalable, observable, and secure infrastructure and services. Whether it’s deploying applications, ingesting data, developing new models, or running ad-hoc analytics - we want our teams to do so quickly, efficiently, and with high confidence in our infrastructure.
After 3 months, you will…
- Drive and own the CI/CD initiative for our SaaS applications.
- Develop and automate declarative Jenkins pipelines.
- Write infrastructure-as-code, automate infrastructure.
- Evaluate and introduce new tools for rapidly delivering application code to production.
- Support application deployments to non-prod and prod environments.
As one of the members of this business-critical team, you will...
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to support the full stack of system infrastructure
- Develop and maintain scripts, tools, and documentation for administering multiple server environments, including creating solutions that account for scalability and performance optimization
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines to support our software development teams
- Design, implement and integrate testing and security scanning into existing Jenkins pipelines
- Design and implement compliance policies and processes in support of system security and encryption
- On-call support for production issues, including monitoring and detection of production issues
What You Bring To Komodo Health (Qualifications)
- Relevant experience in a DevOps or similar role
- Strong hands-on experience with AWS compute, networking, storage, monitoring, and security services
- Experience with centralized logging solutions such as Loggly or Splunk
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery and deployment (Jenkins)
- Experience with different deployment methodologies such as blue/green, rolling, etc.
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills in a cloud environment
- Experience and strong interest in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure with tools like Terraform and Cloudformation
- Strong ability to take ownership of projects and see them to completion
- Strong scripting skills in at least 1 language, e.g., Python, Groovy, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of foundations of networking, routing, DNS, load balancing
- Understanding and experience with deployment of code to Production
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation
- Experience or interest in life sciences and healthcare
- Knowledge of AWS Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Elasticache
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Best Practices
- Experience in infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring (New Relic, Datadog, collectd+Graphite+Grafana, etc.)
- Experience establishing and maintaining cloud security (vulnerability scanning, port security, penetration testing, IP whitelisting)
- Familiarity with container based development environments (Docker)
- Familiarity with container orchestration tools (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with Continuous Testing, Continuous Security best practices
- Experience in Terraform, CloudFormation, or other IaC tools
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
The social news and entertainment company.