Area Vice President, Sales (Commercial Life Sciences)
Komodo Health, Seattle, Washington
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
As an Area Vice President, Account Strategy within our Life Sciences Solutions, you will join a growing and dynamic sales organization at Komodo.
As a member of our Commercial Life Sciences vertical sales team, you will:
- Expand our Life Science business, effectively engaging audiences within Commercial Life Sciences Verticals (Commercial Operations/Strategy, Business Analytics & Insights, Brand Marketing, Global Market Insights, etc.) and proposing the appropriate suite of Komodo solutions to deliver value against an expansive set of high-priority Customer needs.
- Drive education and adoption of our Healthcare map and Software in the Commercial Life Sciences market
- Own the sales, renewal and expansion targets at new and assigned accounts
Travel expected up to 50% of the time if and when travel is safe
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have:
- Met or exceeded sales quota to drive education and adoption of our Healthcare map and Software in the Commercial Life Sciences market
- Partnered with clients to design and deliver solutions that tackled a broad range of business challenges
- Established and maintained ongoing client relationships with key decision makers that drove new business development in select key accounts
- Supported business development through creation of project proposals, including the design of project methodology, timeline, and budget
- Collaborated with Komodo’s Product, Customer Success, and Engineering Teams to ensure our SaaS products answered the industry’s most pressing healthcare questions leading to sustained customer engagement and 5-10x ROI
- Measured, tracked, and grew customer health to ensure the successful renewal of current subscriptions
What you bring to Komodo Health:
- Proven experience working for, selling to, or serving Commercial Life Sciences customers across a broad set of both headquarters and field use cases
- Expert knowledge of the biopharmaceutical industry and drug commercialization process especially in the context of Commercial Life Sciences use cases
- Demonstrated ability to work with and manage relationships with customers and partners at a senior management and director level (Bonus if you have done this with C-Suite level executives)
- Comfort with providing recommendations and solutions based on rigorous research and analysis underpinned by deep expertise and thought leadership
- Experience managing strategic accounts with penetration into multiple customer groups
- Natural curiosity & unstructured problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and shape hypotheses on key client issues
- Extensive experience with structuring client deliverables in PowerPoint/G-Slides, including an expert ability to “tell the story” with supporting analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Record of successful and continued business development
- Experience with project-managing teams of cross-functional partners of varying skill sets
- A passion for healthcare, life sciences, data, analytics, and technology
- Excellent organization & planning skills
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to influence others
- Analytic problem-solving skills, with an ability both to see the big picture and delve into details
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, is a must
- Proficiency using MS Office tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint (or the Google Suite); analytical capabilities (e.g., SQL, Python) is a big plus
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid