Product Designer - San Francisco
Komodo Health, San Francisco, New York City
Making healthcare make sense.
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the world’s most actionable healthcare map. Our solutions drive a more transparent, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem. We value our culture of encouraging growth, collaboration, and constructive debate as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow” our customers.
Our Product Designer will oversee design for our high impact, high growth SaaS data products focused on addressing unmet medical needs for patients. The Product Designer will work closely with product management, engineering and key go-to-market stakeholders to design, prototype, test, build and market features and product lines that accelerate our category leadership in addressing disease burden.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York, and we are open to the Product Designer working in either. This role can accommodate a range of seniority.
- Own the design of useful, intuitive, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
- Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, user journey mapping, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Contribute to brand experience, visual communication, and marketing design initiatives.
- Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
- Design the visual style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences, ensuring consistency in theme and functional style throughout.
- Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
Present design work to the user experience design team, product team, and Komodo Health leadership team for review and feedback.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions and showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction, visual design, and ideation
- 3+ years of experience creating iterative design, working closely with customers, peers and engineers from conception all the way through implementation.
- Fluency in best practices for tablet and web design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Principle, Framer etc.
Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Great eye for visual design and layout.
- Ability to work gracefully, independently and thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Deep experience in web and data visualization
- Past experience in designing and launching enterprise software products.
- Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
- Experience using data to inform design decisions
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k plan with employer match
- Your choice of equipment set-up (computer, monitor, and accessories)
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation days policy
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences and events
- Awesome team and culture
- Great office location in NYC or SF
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.