Area Vice President, Sales (Healthcare Solutions)
Komodo Health, San Francisco, California
Making healthcare make sense.
We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Our Healthcare Solutions team seeks an experienced and entrepreneurial Area Vice President, Account Strategy (AVP). The successful candidate will be expected to immediately help as a senior individual contributor. This is a tremendous opportunity for an accomplished sales-minded professional to have a robust impact at a fast-growing company with innovative, best-in-class software-as-a-service (SaaS) products and Healthcare Map in production across a vast client roster. The AVP will be responsible for both securing new clients and renewing/expanding business within existing Komodo Health customers across the healthcare ecosystem. This is an excellent opportunity for an accomplished candidate to have massive impact at a fast-growing technology company.
At Komodo, we’ve established a strong product-market fit, we’ve invested heavily in our team across Engineering, Product, Data Strategy and Customer Success, and we've positioned ourselves to now scale the business. We are looking for leaders dedicated to excellence in job performance, who enjoy communicating and working with others, who believe in our culture of investing to realize the full potential of our talented team, and those who will thrive in a dynamic, fast-growing, technology and product-led company. This person will be well-versed in data and analytics, and have experience successfully selling products and services to consultancies, agencies, CROs, and/or other Healthcare Intermediaries.
Looking back on your first 12 months at Komodo Health, you will have…
- Sold our product suite and solutions to Healthcare Intermediaries
- Grown our top-line to meet/exceed our sales targets and provide ongoing updates to the forecast
- Contributed to our Go-to-Market plan, including sales strategy, product design, customer targeting, selling approach, pricing model, selling materials, etc.
- Successfully partnered cross-functionally across Customer Success, Product/Data Strategy, and Engineering to develop and optimize the collaboration approach and processes required to scale
- Helped to refine the Sales and Customer Success partnership construct over time to ensure collaboration, alignment and growth
- Taken part in a demanding travel schedule (25-75%)
What you bring to Komodo:
- Minimum of 8 years working for, selling to, or serving Life Sciences companies and/or Healthcare Intermediaries at an innovative technology or commercial solutions provider, top consulting or boutique life sciences consulting firm, or advertising agency
- Consistent attainment or out-performance of sales goals at a technology, services, or consulting company serving life sciences
- Successful track record of developing high-profile, long-term business relationships with Healthcare Intermediaries, focusing on data and analytics
- Experience engaging key Healthcare stakeholders at all levels across the company in various functions and managing strategic accounts with penetration into multiple customer groups
- Ability to successfully manage multiple client interactions and projects with high quality and grace under pressure
- Experience using a customer-relationship management tool (CRM) to support ongoing pipeline management
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, is a must including exceptional storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Flexible mindset to embrace use of new software applications and cloud-based communication tools in a fast-paced, dynamic and rapidly changing startup environment
- Sincere interest in working at a fast-paced, engineering and product-led startup, and the ability to scale with the organization as it grows and its needs change over time
- A passion for healthcare, life sciences, data and analytics, and technology
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.