We Breathe Life Into Data
At Komodo Health, our mission is to reduce the global burden of disease. And we believe that smarter use of data is essential to this mission. That’s why we built the Healthcare Map — the industry’s largest, most complete, precise view of the U.S. healthcare system — by combining de-identified, real-world patient data with innovative algorithms and decades of clinical experience. The Healthcare Map serves as our foundation for a powerful suite of software applications, helping us answer healthcare’s most complex questions for our partners. Across the healthcare ecosystem, we’re helping our clients unlock critical insights to track detailed patient behaviors and treatment patterns, identify gaps in care, address unmet patient needs, and reduce the global burden of disease.
As we pursue these goals, it remains essential to us that we stay grounded in our values: be awesome, seek growth, deliver “wow,” and enjoy the ride. At Komodo, you will be joining a team of ambitious, supportive Dragons with diverse backgrounds but a shared passion to deliver on our mission to reduce the burden of disease — and enjoy the journey along the way.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Komodo Health's mission is to reduce the burden of disease. As we continue to grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager to the Technical Program Management (TPM) team. In this role you will be responsible for delivering highly impactful programs that drive our platform vision forward. This role will involve deeper understanding of our technical platform foundation with emphasis on creation and adoption of platform microservices.
A successful candidate will have a solid track record of program and project management, and will have demonstrated excellent leadership and communication skills. The candidate should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with stakeholders across the company.
- Drive key initiatives across our platform products along our enterprise ecosystem, platform microservices, core data objects and APIs by closely partnering with multiple cross-functional teams across the company
- Coordinate program management activities to assist Product Engineering as they design and build robust, scalable data pipelines and implement models that extend our core data capabilities as well as build platform service capabilities
- Identify KPIs or success metrics to measure platform services, core data objects and APIs adoption as well as manage communication of their impact
- Create, manage and continuously optimize the program plan, delivery activities and processes by ensuring effective prioritization / trade-offs against an overall strategy and organizational constraints
- Drive and contribute towards the decompositions complex technical programs into bite-sized execution-oriented initiatives
- Set accountability by tracking progress, resolving cross team dependencies, identifying issues, evaluating risks, creating mitigation plans, and communicating status and decisions to leadership and program partners
- Coach product engineering teams on agile good practices
What You Bring To Komodo:
- Strong technical experience in large distributed cloud-based microservices environments with a good understanding of the development lifecycle, release management and have dealt with the complexities of delivering platform products, APIs, and complex systems/infrastructure at scale
- Willingness to learn, drive and build end to end knowledge and experience to promote adoption of Komodo’s core data objects, data integrations and APIs
- Good understanding of non-functional concerns such as security, reliability, performance, scalability, usability and maintainability
- Conceptual and functional experience in data processes, data pipelines, Data fluency with a comfort with data analysis tools / creating SQL queries to conduct analysis is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade, a wide range of audiences
- Attention to detail and solid organizational skills to prioritize several tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items
- Software delivery experience as an agile practitioner with deep understanding of Agile Scrum and Kanban development methodologies
- Excellent in identifying process gaps and balancing product engineering efficiency with process overhead and an ability to develop strategy, influence stakeholders, drive implementation and measure success
- Proficient at using project management, data analysis and team collaboration tools, such as GSuite, JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, Productboard
- Ability to drive technical conversations toward productive solutions by including the right stakeholders, weighing pros/cons, business needs, and timelines for masterful execution and delivery
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration between cross-functional teams across the organization who may have competing priorities
- Learning mindset, intellectually honest, aligned to delivering “wow!”, hungry for the opportunity and a believer in enjoying the ride (our values)
Where You’ll Work
Komodo Health has a hybrid work model; we recognize the power of choice and importance of flexibility for the well-being of both our company and our individual Dragons. Roles may be completely remote based anywhere in the country listed, remote but based in a specific region, or local (commuting distance) to one of our hubs in San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago with remote work options.
What We Offer
On top of our commitment to providing competitive, fair pay for all roles at Komodo Health, we’re proud to offer robust and inclusive benefits to all Dragons at Komodo Health. We offer global time off programs, extensive internal and external career development and learning opportunities, multiple affinity groups celebrating our team’s diversity, and an annual wellness and productivity stipend to support you in being your healthiest, best self.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Komodo Health provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type with regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
About Komodo Health
Komodo Health was founded on our collective experiences navigating the ever-expanding, dynamic, and challenging data environment in healthcare. We see the scale and speed at which data are expanding outpace technologies that are currently used to find and act on signals. By leveraging the same foundational big data technologies found in other industries, we’re able to drive better intelligence in healthcare.
Want to learn more about Komodo Health? Visit Komodo Health's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.