- Roles are available across all levels within our Auckland teams.
- You will have responsibility for managing certain audit engagements, depending upon complexity and size. You will also either manage entirely or assist managers in an in-charge capacity to undertake larger engagements depending on your skills and experience. You will be involved in the coaching and mentoring of staff and will assist managers in the management of teams. You will also assist with the administration requirements of the division.
- Audit assignment preparation and completion
- Depending upon the client, this role may have complete management responsibility reporting directly to the partner, or you will assist more senior managers in the performance of audit assignments as an incharge. The work may involve complex technical issues e.g., statutory audits, internal audits, investigation and acquisition reports of an audit nature, limited reviews, proposals and special reports, and other accounting services. In particular:
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Plan overall work requirements of an audit
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Determine audit objectives
- Complete or delegate specific sections
- Perform higher risk and non-routine audit functions
- Recommend solutions to manager/partner.
- Audit compliance
- Ensure effective use and application of KPMG Audit Manual/Methodology, auditing standards, and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Technical learning and development
- Read and/or keep in contact with trends and developments in the audit area.
- Address any knowledge gaps through learning and adaptation, as appropriate.
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking audit assignments.
- Develop specialist technical skills and knowledge in particular audit areas
- Develop the skills and behaviour required of a manager.
- Staff assistance and support
- Take agreed responsibility for staff supervision, counselling, and on-the-job coaching e.g.
- Induct new staff into audit procedures
- Provide practical support to new staff
- Review and give constructive feedback on the technical work of ‘newer’ staff
- Review staff workloads, the allocation of work, and work management
- Provide input into staff performance appraisal and, where required, undertake staff appraisals.
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or relevant overseas professional body
- Successful completion of the Qualified Accountants programme (as per the National QA Programme policy)
- 3+ years of relevant practical audit experience in an Audit Firm
- Technically proficient across audit and audit related services
- Experience in the supervision of more junior staff
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Jobs You May Like
Payroll & Benefits Specialist
Spring, NYC - Headquarters
Pivotal Software, Cork, Ireland
Regional Manager, Air Procurement
Flexport, Hong Kong Island, HK
Finance Operations Business Partner - Studios
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Desktop Support Analyst
Flexport, Atlanta, GA