- Our Enterprise team are seeking an experienced Accounting Manager who enjoys understanding the complexities of privately owned businesses, problem solving and a willingness to think through different perspectives.
- You will be accountable for high quality financial services of specialist expertise to meet client needs.
- You will contribute to the growth of the business through the identification of new business opportunities, building networks and relationships, and promoting the services of KPMG as a whole.
- You will be good at building relationships with clients and colleagues, enjoy problem solving, have strong written communication skills and have solid numerical skills.
- Day to Day you will:
- Love variety in your role and enjoy working with clients as you'll be leading client engagements
- Build client relationships and attend client meetings to discuss business issues and solutions
- Prepare a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity
- Independently analyse and contribute to the resolution of complex accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Have the willingness to undertake business development activities, an ability to identify opportunities and build on internal and external networks
- Lead and manage teams and help to grow team capabilities and drive efficiency
- To hit the ground running, you will have:
- A CA qualification or equivalent with at least 5 years’ proven experience in a public accountancy firm or corporate financial reporting environment
- A high degree of client interaction as well as staff supervision, coaching and development
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop sound long term relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients
- Previous management experience and expertise
- Demonstrated high-level technical and analytical skills and knowledge over a period of time
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.