- The AAS Team is expanding its external client facing services. We are seeking a Manager to join our team and deliver technically excellent work direct to clients through a commercial lens, support the internal technical needs of KPMG engagement teams and help build the Accounting Advisory practice. This will involve dealing directly with clients and supporting a range of divisions in KPMG.
- Delivery of accounting advisory services to range of clients, including large listed entities, government entities, private businesses and not-for-profit entities
- Willingness to undertake business development activities and an ability to identify opportunities
- Attendance at client meetings as required to discuss technical issues
- Delivery of accounting advisory services internally to support engagements delivered by other KPMG divisions - audit, tax, enterprise, and advisory
- Presentation and delivery at AAS Financial Reporting Updates to clients
- Development of specialist technical skills and knowledge in IFRS, IPSAS and NZ equivalents of these standards, and relevant legislative requirements in general
- Proven technical experience in a public accountancy firm, corporate or governmental reporting environment
- CA qualification (or equivalent)
- An ability to express views and ideas articulately and clearly, both written and verbally
- Good presentation skills encompassing an ability to convey complex concepts accurately and succinctly
- Strong technical and analytical skills (an eye for detail and awareness of broader business issues)
- A high level of responsiveness to client needs (both internal and external clients)
- The vision to participate in strategy setting and marketing of accounting advisory services at a management level
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one