- It isn’t just about the work you do, it’s about making every day count. We believe small-to-medium businesses are critical to New Zealand’s successful future. While they’ve always been the backbone of our economy, it’s KPMG’s goal to help more of our clients grow from good to great. Helping these businesses transform into the ‘next big thing’ is something that really excites us.
- Prepare financial reports, with supporting work papers that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements.
- Tax returns and tax compliance e.g., prepare GST returns, prepare FBT returns, obtain information for tax return and make claims on behalf of clients, respond to IRD queries, etc.
- Periodic accounting e.g., reconcile and analyse ledgers, prepare statements of financial performance and of financial position monthly and/or annually, prepare trial balances, prepare graphs, carry out analytical review of results, determine appropriate accounting policies and notes to accounts, etc.
- Accounting for larger companies e.g., prepare group company accounts and balance transfer of funds, consolidate accounts, etc.
- Accounting for non-company entities, such as trusts and partnerships, e.g., preparing financial statements, providing tax advice, etc.
- Respond to clients’ queries in an effective and timely manner
- Formulate or assist in identifying value-added opportunities for clients, e.g. process improvements for clients
- 3 + years' experience working within a Chartered Accounting environment
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant subjects e.g. accounting, finance, or qualified by experience
- Working towards becoming a Chartered Accountant through either CA ANZ or CPA
- Competent and literate with the following packages: Microsoft Word, Excel, and a computerised accounting system (preferably Xero and APS XPA)
- A strong client focus and work ethic is essential as is the ability to develop relationships with KPMG management, staff and external clients.
- Able to deal with multiple tasks concurrently
- Strong organisational and time management skills
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Technology Partners
Manager, Regional Alliances
Cloud Technology Partners, Chicago, Illinois