- This Systems Engineer role will have a key responsibility for supporting and enhancing KPMG infrastructure. The primary focus of this role is across server, storage and virtualisation technologies ensuring they are fit for purpose and compliant with global standards.
Day to day you will:
- System lifecycle management
- Vulnerability remediation
- System Centre Configuration Management
- Troubleshoot Tier 3 problems reported by users
- Manage CommVault and Acronis backup
- Network and system security patching cycles
- Maintain system efficiency across virtual, storage and OS layer
- Ensure architecture allows components to work properly together
What you'll bring to our team:
- 1 to 3 years VMware and Cisco experience
- 1 to 3 years Windows Server experience
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Be an active listener, with the ability to influence stakeholders and be able to conduct informal presentations and group facilitation
- Strong planning and prioritisation abilities
- Good delegation, monitoring and reporting skills
- Responsibilities of the role sometimes require working evenings and weekends, at times with little advanced notice
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Help the world share their story