- As an Intermediate Accountant, you will have the opportunity to 'own' the delivery of your work and contribute to the resolution of complex compliance accounting and tax issues that result in client satisfaction
- Join our national specialist team, where you will gain exposure to a broad client base and be provided with accelerated learning and development opportunities!
Day to day you will:
- Oversee and undertake the preparation of a wide range of financial requirements of varying complexity
- Assisting with data gathering and knowledge transfer
- Deliver quality technical compliance work, and support the development of others within the team in the delivery of this work
- Formulate solutions to client problems and issues
- Contribute to the high performance of the team by suggesting innovations (technical & process) to enhance the delivery & value of technical compliance work
- Support leadership team in building high performing team culture and mind set within the DDX
What you'll bring to our team:
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Ideally working towards CAANZ or CPA membership, or membership of a relevant overseas professional body
- Competent user of MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint and accounting systems
- Experienced with mentoring and coaching junior team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisational/time management skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional approach to work and a strong client focus
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.