- As a Senior Advisor you will provide hands on expertise in delivering IT risk management audit and assessments and formulate recommendations for our clients to manage business risks.
- This is a fantastic opportunity to develop relationships with technical specialists in the technology and security space!
Day to day you will:
- Assist with identifying and assessing IT risks within our audit framework and clients’ business risks
- Deliver IT audit projects considering key governance, risk and compliance matters across a variety of IT platforms such as:
- Evaluate the GITCs (General IT Controls) supporting KPMG’s financial audit processes
- Identify controls within clients business processes and ensuring the effective operation of these to mitigate business risks
- Provide IT assurance services
- Apply your strategic problem solving, data analysis, report writing and project management skills to help solve complex client problems
- Plan overall work requirements for an engagement e.g. prepare budgets to achieve a target recovery rate and manage projects against budget
What you'll bring to our team:
- We’re keen to hear from people who have circa 2-3 years experience in IT Audit & Assurance; Internal Audit or Risk & Compliance
- A relevant tertiary qualification and a professional qualification e.g. CISA, CISM, CISSP is desirable
- A great sense of humour and a high level of self-motivation, energy and drive
- Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate solutions to complex issues in a simple, accessible way
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Counsel, Product Partnerships
Airbnb, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Los Angeles, New York C...