- Our Audit team provide industry insight and real perspective on whether our client’s accounts are true and fair. Working in Audit allows you to get straight to the heart of business issues, plus you get the chance to offer proactive advice tailored to each individual business and build strong client relationships along the way.
- We're looking for Grade 2/2nd year auditors, Audit Seniors and Assistant Managers to join our Hamilton team.
- Some of these roles overlap with KPMG IMPACT, a team that helps governments, businesses, and investors develop new ways of working that fulfil their purpose and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) so that all of New Zealand’s diverse communities can thrive and prosper.
Day to day you will:
- Depending upon the client, this role may have complete management responsibility reporting directly to the partner, or you will assist more senior managers in the performance of audit assignments as an in-charge. The work may involve complex technical issues e.g., statutory audits, internal audits, investigation and acquisition reports of an audit nature, limited reviews, proposals and special reports, and other accounting services.
- This role will also:
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for Manager or Partner review
- Produce work for the Manager or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified
- Identify and communicate potential issues and opportunities for ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) efficiencies and process improvement to Managers and Partners
- Management of client deliverables, including attendance at meetings
- Undertake strategic analysis
- Identify business and audit risks
- Assess effectiveness of client processes and controls
- Perform higher risk and non-routine audit functions
- Day to day management of junior team members
- Ensure effective use and application of KPMG Audit Manual/Methodology, auditing standards, and GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
What you'll bring to our team:
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) or relevant overseas professional body
- Relevant practical audit experience in a CA firm
- The ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- Technically proficient across audit and audit related services
- Experience in the supervision of more junior staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A collaborative and inclusive team approach
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.