- KPMG has a longstanding presence in the New Zealand market as a trusted M&A advisor. Having sustained a step change in our business over the past several years, we are wishing to hire an additional senior analyst / manager into the team. Globally, KPMG are consistently ranked as #1 or #2 mid-market M&A advisor and therefore the strength of our network has been instrumental in securing high quality mandates (often involving members from other international offices).
- For further information on the KPMG M&A team see the following link https://home.kpmg/nz/en/home/services/advisory/deal-advisory/mergers-acquisitions.html
Day to day you will:
- Collaborate with team members on key M&A deliverables (e.g. Information Memorandum drafting, management presentation drafting, valuation papers, financial modelling, preparation of pitch materials)
- Support the team with overall M&A process management
- Conduct buyer and industry research
- Prepare valuation analysis, including transaction and trading comparables, cashflow and LBO modelling
- Work with team members on buy-side roles
- Have significant client interaction (founders, management and private equity) and involvement encouraged from day 1
- Support administrative requirements of the team
What you will bring to our team:
- 2-5 years of corporate finance / investment banking / advisory experience
- Postgraduate studies / CFA / CA or equivalent well received
- A rounded background and non-academic achievement of interest
- Strong financial modelling and excel skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and client service excellence
- A proactive working style and being a self-starter with the ability to deliver to deadlines
- A genuine interest in M&A transactions
- A collaborative approach with colleagues and pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- The ability to develop a trusted and respected working relationship with clients
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.