Manager/Senior Manager - Market & Liquidity Risk
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
See jobs at KPMG New Zealand
- Our Risk Advisory team is looking for an exceptional candidate at Assistant Manager, Manager or Senior Manager level.
- You will be responsible to the engagement management, or delegate, for delivering high-quality work on engagements to meet the client’s needs. Although there is opportunity to work on a range of services, the primary role will be market and liquidity risk and associated processes, risks and controls.
Day to day you will:
- Coordinate and direct small-medium assignments in a manner that meets client timelines, budget and outcome requirements.
- Assess engagement risks and manage identified risks.
- Develop and maintain project plans and associated documentation.
- Assist in the planning of the overall work requirements of an engagement e.g. prepare budgets to achieve a target recovery rate and manage projects against budget.
- Apply an awareness and understanding of the general business and economic environments in undertaking engagements.
- Identify and proactively respond to new business opportunities to provide added value to clients.
- Responsible for goal setting, coaching and performance review of assigned staff members.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Significant experience in financial instrument process, risk and controls as well as valuation. Accounting knowledge would be a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of financial risk related banking standards, FMA guidelines as well as market practise in relation to process, risk and controls environment of market and liquidity risk functions.
- Previous experience managing and developing teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate findings to key stakeholders, write reports and develop customer-centric strategies.
- Organisational and problem-solving skills.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and professional qualification CPA/CA/ACCA.
- Experience using Treasury management software (eg: GTreasury, Calypso, Quantum or Bloomberg) is beneficial but not required.
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.