- KPMG has opportunities available at Senior Advisor, Assistant Manager and Manager for exceptional talent to join our Wellington Consulting team.
- Our Hauora team is growing, and we’re looking for people with experience in and passion for Māori health to join our team.
- Ideally you will have experience in co-designing solutions and implementing those solutions through policy, strategy, and operational design. You may also have knowledge and experience of service design, strategy development, risk management, and project management to support our Hauora clients address the challenges that they’re facing to deliver a stronger, more equitable health system in New Zealand.
- To be successful in this role you will have a strong understanding of Māori health, equity and Te Tiriti o Waitangi and be able to navigate cross-cultural spaces to design solutions. You’ll also have experience working with Māori people, concepts and frameworks and proficiency in Te Reo Māori me ōna tikanga is important for this role.
Day to day you will:
- Be responsible for leading work streams and project teams, and providing expertise across a wide range of engagements with a focus on Hauora.
- Contribute to the successful delivery of KPMG services, undertake business development such as proposal writing and contributing to the development of KPMG's services through knowledge management and methodology design
- Provide clients with project services for their large transformation programmes, including requirements definition, project management support or change management capability
- Be comfortable working at pace with a high attention to detail across multiple projects at once
- Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of your work, expertise and judgement as well as innovative approaches
- Support engagement teams by advising on Māori health, equity, Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and cultural competence.
- Navigate cross-cultural spaces working largely with clients across the public, Māori and private sector organisations.
- Identify and address opportunities to bring integrated thinking and/or indigenous and Māori methodology, social and economic transformation to the fore across the work we do at KPMG.
- Assist with staff supervision, counselling, review and on the job coaching of staff on individual engagements.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Ideally 3+ years of relevant Māori Health sector experience (experience working in Māori health policy, in a DHB, or a Māori health provider).
- A good understanding of Māori health policy, frameworks, equity issues, and Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Passion for improving social outcomes and reducing inequity for New Zealanders and drive to positively impact the Sustainable Development Goals, increase inclusion and improve lives.
- Excellent problem solving, communication, project management abilities and workshop design and facilitation.
- Demonstrated commercial acumen and understanding and experience in one or more of the following will be advantageous: Strategy, Operating Model and Organisation Design, System Change, Programme or Service Design, Economics, Design Thinking, People and Change Management, Customer Experience and Project Management.
- A relevant degree or qualitfication.
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.