Senior Manager/Associate Director - Private Business Management Consulting
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington
See jobs at KPMG New Zealand
- Our Enterprise Advisory management consultants help private businesses and organisations reach their goals. Our clients are leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators, and visionaries of subsidiaries of international companies, family-owned New Zealand businesses, for-purpose organisations, and small to medium enterprises, with ambitions to grow and create enduring impact.
- We are a small team of dedicated specialists working with businesses and organisations making their most important decisions. Our services traverse a wide range of business areas from corporate strategy through to operational implementation, all with a focus on lifting commercial performance.
- We are seeking a senior commercial leader who will help grow and drive delivery of our business strategy and performance improvement services. This is an opportunity to help grow a high performing team that will support private business clients in making their most important strategic decisions and build their capability to create, deliver, and capture value.
- The primary focus of this role is to grow our reach and impact in helping private business clients solve their complex challenges through winning and delivering engagements. To be successful in this role you will be motivated by the opportunity to leverage and adapt your corporate or large enterprise experience and expertise for the benefit of private businesses, who are the backbone of the New Zealand economy. You will be confident navigating a wide range of commercial issues at C-Suite level, but also appreciate the unique challenges of the family-owned or owner-operator environment. You will be comfortable on the factory floor and in a Board room. It is likely that you have led or had significant involvement in business transformation or pan-organisation strategic projects.
- We operate a diverse, fun, and varied working environment where lateral thinking, sharp commercial acumen, and confidence working with ambiguity in a fast-paced manner will stand you in good stead. No 2 days are the same!
- This role will involve national travel to meet the needs of engagement delivery and we offer a flexible working policy. However please note that our current focus is on candidates who are willing to be based in Wellington for this role.
Day to day you will:
- Work with private sector clients in the $5M-100M turnover range across a range of industries;
- Lead engagements with clients, ranging from Board and C-suite through to owner-operators;
- Design and facilitate workshops with clients;
- Conduct analysis to identify issues, form hypotheses and suggest solutions;
- Prepare insightful presentations to communicate findings to clients and motivate change;
- Act as a constructive go-to technical expert to coach, develop and support staff in the delivery of services so that KPMG can meet its obligations to clients
- Actively network and leverage your business networks to generate opportunities and win work
- Contribute towards the leadership and growth of our team
What you'll bring to our team:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Ideally 10+ years’ relevant work experience with demonstrated track record of leading or working in private sector businesses in achieving their ambitions
- A passion for helping private businesses grow, an ability to engage productively with senior business leaders, a strong achievement drive, an ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Track record of applying strategic and structured thinking conceptual models in helping businesses achieve success
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, a strategic and innovative thinker
- Demonstrated experience or understanding of applying design thinking to solve commercial problems and create value
- Solution-oriented and committed to continuous improvement of self, systems, and processes in pursuit of personal and business outcomes
- A strong achievement drive, with a curious mindset and an ability to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Demonstrated senior experience in any of the following: Strategy, Export, Finance, Marketing, Business Process Improvement, Business Transformation, Project Management, Management Consulting, Capability Development/Adult Learning, Business Model Design, Target Operating Model, Change Management, Governance
- Excellent communication and workshop facilitation skills
- A strong network within private sector
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrated business development experience, including proposal writing
- Medium Excel and/or quantitative analysis skills
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Appreciation of Te ao Māori or experience working within a Māori context would be advantageous.
About KPMG New Zealand
About Overview At KPMG, we are focused on fuelling the prosperity of New Zealand – for the benefit of all New Zealanders. It’s why we’re passionate about helping New Zealand’s businesses succeed, the public sector to achieve more, and our communities to grow. This is more than a goal - it’s our reason for being. What we do At KPMG we work shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients – providing deep expertise that delivers real results. They trust us to deliver the kind of targeted advice, technical knowledge and industry insights that help them manage risk and embrace opportunities. Our nationwide team of 1,000+ professionals work with private businesses, publicly-listed companies, Government and public sector organisations, and not-for-profits. We provide professional services across Audit, Tax and Advisory. In addition, our Enterprise team works with SMEs and family-owned businesses with ambitions to grow. Our people are based in all the major centres, plus a number of key regions; including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Hamilton, Tauranga, Ashburton and Timaru. Locally-owned, globally-focused We’re proud to be the only ‘big 4’ partnership that’s New Zealand-owned – while also giving our clients access to the impressive depth of resources within KPMG’s global network. Worldwide, KPMG operates in 152 countries; employing 189,000 people in member firms around the world. The independent member firms of the KPMG network are affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (”KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. We believe in fuelling prosperity, for New Zealand, for all New Zealanders.
Want to learn more about KPMG New Zealand? Visit KPMG New Zealand's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.