- Provide inspirational creative leadership to events, content, design and video
- Create an aesthetic that raises the quality bar while consistently delivering on brand strategy and message.
- Develop a brand style guide, then ensure that all creative executions adhere to the style guide and meet or exceed your quality bar.
- Build out & lead internal design team to develop high quality creatives for online/offline Kraken brand recognition & advertising.
- Identify design service gaps and find solutions to fill those gaps.
- Act as a recognized and active resource on design issues for the company by continually blazing a trail of creativity and innovation.
- Protect integrity of design and brand image through graphic design and strong collaboration with the Marketing team
- Promote a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation, rational risk-taking and tradeoffs.
- Resolve complex design issues with innovation and practical solutions.
- 10+ years of proven success as an art/creative director, with at least 2-3 years of agency experience.
- B.S. / B.A.
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team.
- Energetic and infectious leadership in a fast-paced environment. Interacts well with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Passion for content creation specific for new media, video content, social content and paid advertising campaigns.
- Strong web design experience, marketing collateral, catalogue with proven conceptual and design abilities
- Experience conceptualizing and managing model and product photo shoots on tight deadlines.
- Web-design experience with an understanding of HTML/CSS/Flash, understanding of UX/UI.
- Engages in all content and is able to present design vision and philosophy.
- Fluency in and appreciation of the steps involved in content creation, including TV production, CG, video editing, web streaming, social media and digital advertising.
- Ability to think clearly and contribute to editorial discussions and strategy during the entire design process, from concept through completion.
- Fluent working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Invision, Keynote
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Detail oriented, and able to juggle multiple tasks and conflicting deadlines at once.
- On time and on budget delivery of all major design, marketing projects
- Must have experience in building an in-house creative team
- Working knowledge of crypto and financial basics. We don't expect you to be a fanatic, but you should understand the basics— and become an expert while at Kraken!
About Kraken Exchange
Founded in 2011, San Francisco-based Kraken is the largest Bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity and also trading Canadian dollars, US dollars, British pounds and Japanese yen. Kraken is consistently rated the best and most secure Bitcoin exchange by independent news media. Kraken was the first Bitcoin exchange to have trading price and volume displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and is a partner in the first cryptocurrency bank. Kraken is trusted by hundreds of thousands of traders, the Tokyo government's court-appointed trustee, and Germany's BaFin regulated Fidor Bank.