Senior Data Scientist, Trading Technologies
Kraken Exchange, San Francisco
Sail the high seas of success.
- Partner with product management and trading technology stakeholders in providing actionable data driven insights to improve the trading technology products.
- Develop anomaly detection, and data modelling tools to monitor key performance indicators to improve the efficiency of the trading products.
- Build self-serve tools (dashboards, analytics tools) for leadership and product management to monitor and improve product efficiency
- Design experiments for product team to test hypothesis and help with idea generation and refinement
- Lead enterprise level analytics framework to aid product analytics. Be a voice for data across organization.
- Experience with story-telling in presenting data insights.
- Build key datasets and data pipelines using Python/ETL frameworks
- PhD or Master’s degree in Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Econometrics, or related field
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning techniques and ability to apply them at professional level.
- Experience with distributed analytical technologies (Spark, Hive, Hadoop)
- Excellent skills in SQL, statistical packages in Python/R. Willingness to learn new languages if required.
- Data visualization skills to communicate data driven insights
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude towards problem solving and driving innovation and change in a geographically distributed team environment
- Experience in fintech related technologies is a plus
- Knowledge of tools such as Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks (or similar) for story-telling using data.
About Kraken Exchange
Founded in 2011, San Francisco-based Kraken is the largest Bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity and also trading Canadian dollars, US dollars, British pounds and Japanese yen. Kraken is consistently rated the best and most secure Bitcoin exchange by independent news media. Kraken was the first Bitcoin exchange to have trading price and volume displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and is a partner in the first cryptocurrency bank. Kraken is trusted by hundreds of thousands of traders, the Tokyo government's court-appointed trustee, and Germany's BaFin regulated Fidor Bank.
Want to learn more about Kraken Exchange? Visit Kraken Exchange's website.
Jobs You May Like
Project Manager, Security
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote
Director, Information Security
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Machine Learning Engineer, Ads Quality
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Taboola, Tel - Aviv
Mechanical Design Engineer
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Twilio, Raleigh, NC