- 6+ years of professional experience as a Visual (UI) Designer for software applications with a portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. mockups, prototypes, live work, etc.)
- Strong grasp of User-Centered Design principles.
- Solid experience with prototyping.
- Solid experience using design systems and pattern libraries.
- Solid experience with typography and iconography.
- Solid experience with micro-interactions.
- Expert with responsive design and mobile-first design.
- Understanding of cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility.
- Solid experience collaborating with developers in an Agile environment during implementation and QA testing (bonus if you have UI development experience).
- Be able to adapt quickly to change
- Strong passion for Bitcoin and the cryptocurrency movement with a desire to make the best trading platform in the world.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and use it to ultimately improve the design.
- Meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Be informed about current and emerging trends in design, product development, crypto, FinTech.
- Be a team player, take initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Be an excellent communicator (verbal and written), presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; requires the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and directly with Designers, Product Managers, Content Strategists and Frontend Developers in an Agile organization.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Mastery with using design tools (ie. Figma, Sketch, Invision, Zeplin, UXPin, Adobe Creative Suite, Mural, etc.)
- Familiarity with project management software (i.e. Jira, Confluence, Wrike, Asana)
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Designers, Product Managers, Content Strategists, Frontend Developers to conceptualize and design beautiful, innovative and intuitive trading and investment products.
- Apply polished high-fidelity design to wireframes using our Design System and Style Guide.
- Create prototypes from high-fidelity mockups.
- Create responsive mobile-first layouts while maintaining the integrity of the original design.
- Maintain, contribute to and refine our Design System, component library and style guide.
- Apply micro-interactions for extra uniqueness “pizzazz”.
- Design iconography and/or illustrations to enhance our interfaces.
- Participate in our usability tests to validate designs; iterate and refine based on insights and KPIs — we are never “done” improving.
- Be a strategic partner within the product organization, as a whole, to identify problems, make educated evidence-based hypotheses, test/validate results and keep iterating.
- Evangelize UX and product design within the broader organization.
- Work with marketing designers to maintain a cohesive Brand aesthetic throughout our marketing efforts and products.
About Kraken Exchange
Founded in 2011, San Francisco-based Kraken is the largest Bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity and also trading Canadian dollars, US dollars, British pounds and Japanese yen. Kraken is consistently rated the best and most secure Bitcoin exchange by independent news media. Kraken was the first Bitcoin exchange to have trading price and volume displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and is a partner in the first cryptocurrency bank. Kraken is trusted by hundreds of thousands of traders, the Tokyo government's court-appointed trustee, and Germany's BaFin regulated Fidor Bank.
Want to learn more about Kraken Exchange? Visit Kraken Exchange's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front End Engineer
Cloudflare, Austin, Texas
Manager, R&D - Commercialization
Glossier, New York, NY
Product Manager - Intern (m/f/d)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Frontend Engineer (React.js/Node.js)
Senior Product Owner Loan Management (m/f) | Warsaw
Kreditech, Warsaw Office
Director of Product - Identity
Twilio, San Francisco, CA