- Own Kraken’s regulatory strategy across all relevant markets - Europe, North America, Asia, etc.
- Work with Kraken leadership to define optimal regulatory approach in each respective geography
- Drive process to establish appropriate registrations and attain licenses where needed
- Manage all inbound and outbound interactions with government regulators, e.g. United States: SEC, CFTC, OCC, State Finance Departments, etc., Europe: EBA, ESMA, FCA, etc.
- Engage with advocacy groups and actively monitor the financial regulatory environment to stay abreast of emerging regulatory developments
- Work with compliance team to ensure compliance program aligns with all necessary regulations
- Manage all legal matters involving customers, partners, and other third parties as they relate to the company’s regulatory status
- JD and active member of the Bar Association
- 10+ years of legal / regulatory experience working within a relevant industry - Cryptocurrency, Financial Markets (Equities, Futures/Options, FX, etc.), Fintech, Banking, Payments, etc.
- Strong knowledge of international financial regulations (particularly US and Europe) in areas relevant to cryptocurrency
- Demonstrated expertise in financial regulatory registration/licensure process
- Well-versed in consumer protection and AML regulations and compliance
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to regulators and other outside groups
- Technical background and/or expertise in understanding new technologies and their implications
About Kraken Exchange
Founded in 2011, San Francisco-based Kraken is the largest Bitcoin exchange in euro volume and liquidity and also trading Canadian dollars, US dollars, British pounds and Japanese yen. Kraken is consistently rated the best and most secure Bitcoin exchange by independent news media. Kraken was the first Bitcoin exchange to have trading price and volume displayed on the Bloomberg Terminal, the first to pass a cryptographically verifiable proof-of-reserves audit, and is a partner in the first cryptocurrency bank. Kraken is trusted by hundreds of thousands of traders, the Tokyo government's court-appointed trustee, and Germany's BaFin regulated Fidor Bank.
Want to learn more about Kraken Exchange? Visit Kraken Exchange's website.
Jobs You May Like
Operations Outsourcing Manager (Intermediate)
Head of STARs
Oscar, New York
Credit Risk Internship - The Netherlands (Dutch required)
Manager, Real Estate Transactions
Knotel, Knotel St. Louis
Director, FP&A (Customer Experience & Trust)
Lyft, San Francisco
PatientPop, Santa Monica, CA