Associate Corporate Finance (m/f) | Hamburg
Kreditech, Hamburg Office
Financial Freedom for the Underbanked
We are a fast moving, high performing, crack team of financiers within a fast growing and ambitious fintech. This team is principally responsible for fundraising, M&A and relationship management with our world class investor base, but has significant influence on strategy, business planning and internal performance tracking. We offer a very flat org structure, ability to get ‘creative’ in finding solutions and problems to work on, a high degree of autonomy, and a chance to participate in a highly value accretive department. Our team has a clear set of objectives over the next 12 months, and is looking for a capable hire to share in, and help execute, our ambitious vision.
A day in this job
The job offers a great balance of front vs. back office for someone looking for a high degree of exposure and fast responsibility early on in their career. In this role you will:
- Assist in debt refinancing processes for Special Purpose Vehicles (used to finance issued receivables) and Corporate Debt Facilities by: Quantitatively analyzing different structuring options, Managing due diligence; Responding to investor requests; Negotiating and drafting legal documentation;
- Assist in originating, educating, and on-boarding equity investments to unlock Kreditech’s full potential, by conceptualizing and drafting investor presentations, term sheets and other marketing material;
- Create, maintain and analyze financial models with a high degree of granularity and a solid understanding for cash flow effects of asset-backed financing structures;
- Pro-actively collaborate with other departments on providing financial data and reports
Desired skills & experience
- Degree with a focus on Finance, Economics or Engineering, professional qualifications like CFA, CA, etc. considered favorably;
- 2+ years of work experience in investment banking, asset management, private equity, venture capital, consulting or similar;
- Solid understanding of securitization gained through originating, structuring or rating securitization structures;
- Strong Excel modelling skills required; VBA experience is a plus;
- Highly competent oral and written English communication skills;
- Ability to distill concepts articulately to investors and other stakeholders (esp. through PowerPoint and email);
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Desired qualities & attributes
- Someone with big goals and an entrepreneurial ‘owners’ mindset;
- An optimistic, happy person not afraid to get their hands dirty in order to build greatness;
- A self-starter capable of working autonomously;
- Commitment to excellence and maintain high professional and ethical standards;
- Flexibility in travel and work locations;
- The ability to start as soon as possible!
A bit about the team
Would you like to virtually meet the members of the Corporate Finance Team? Check out the videos below:
- Sven, Senior Associate Corporate Finance
- Saad, Associate Corporate Finance
- Dana, Director Capital Markets & Investor Relations
At Kreditech, we like to constantly challenge the status quo and improve our ways of working. We are a data driven company who are enthusiastic about agile methodology. Diversity is in our DNA and we strongly believe that having different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds will lead to the best environment for our employees and better products to our customers. If this sounds like the kind of company you’d like to work with, please apply here!
Kreditech Group’s mission is to improve financial freedom for the underbanked by the use of technology. Combining non-traditional data sources and machine learning, the Company is aiming to provide access to better credit and a higher convenience for digital banking services. The product offerings include consumer loans, a digital wallet and a personal finance manager designed to help customers manage their credit score and plan their spending. Kreditech also offers a “credit as a service” model, allowing partners to integrate its credit products as payment method or funding source. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, Kreditech has processed four million loan applications through its subsidiaries. The company is led by CEO and Co-Founder Alexander Graubner-Müller and is financially backed by world-class investors including J.C. Flowers, Peter Thiel, and the Worldbank’s IFC.