Security Engineer (SecOps) | Bangkok
Kreditech, Bangkok Office
Financial Freedom for the Underbanked
You will be responsible for the execution of the daily security operations, automating crucial security tasks, with the goal of developing more secure applications.
A day in this job
- Monitor for unsafe and uncertain conditions and design fallback systems to support the stability of the network.
- You design high-availability applications and provide backend support & administration. IT-security, and service management (including SLA definition and monitoring) are especially crucial tasks;
- Of course, you are well-versed in the ABC of modern application support and development – process & deployment automation, monitoring and technical documentation, etc.;
- Configure and maintain security controls on our infrastructure;
- Reporting and remediation of security vulnerabilities and incidents;
- Provide expertise and best practices for implementing cloud security (internal) and product security (external);
- Work alongside all teams in order to build a secure architecture.
Desired skills and experience
- Completed Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or related field;
- Cloud based infrastructure experience with hands-on experience or knowledge with AWS;
- 3+ years of experience as application developer/owner/administrator of ITSM manager;
- Experience in implementing IT Security controls (e.g. Security Monitoring, Alert Handling);
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management (Jenkins, Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible) preferred;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the software development industry as security operations engineer or as security analyst in combination with demonstrable experience as DevOps engineer;
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration systems (Docker, Kubernetes, ECS);
- Experience with cloud-based security management/IDS/IPS/SIEM tools;
- Excited to work on interdisciplinary and international projects;
- Good command of English with excellent interpersonal communication skills and familiarity working with Remote teams spread across geographies.
What is in it for you?
- Join a multicultural team of around 400 employees coming from more than 40 different nationalities;
- High-performing team in an agile environment excited to challenge the status quo;
- Your ideas mean something, if you have a good idea we let you try it;
- No dress code plus a flat hierarchy;
- 20 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Macbook Pro for everyone.
- And much more than what you see here!
Kreditech Group’s mission is to improve financial freedom for the underbanked by the use of technology. Combining non-traditional data sources and machine learning, the Company is aiming to provide access to better credit and a higher convenience for digital banking services. The product offerings include consumer loans, a digital wallet and a personal finance manager designed to help customers manage their credit score and plan their spending. Kreditech also offers a “credit as a service” model, allowing partners to integrate its credit products as payment method or funding source. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, Kreditech has processed four million loan applications through its subsidiaries. The company is led by CEO and Co-Founder Alexander Graubner-Müller and is financially backed by world-class investors including J.C. Flowers, Peter Thiel, and the Worldbank’s IFC.
Want to learn more about Kreditech? Visit Kreditech's website.
A monthly box of dog goodies