- Establish and develop a healthy, constructive working relationship with our clients in the asset management industry.
- Apply yourself actively across multiple projects that are in various phases of delivery, working with a team and clients that span multiple time zones (from the Americas through EMEA).
- Analyze client data (in various formats such as CSV, XLSX, XML, JSON etc.) for validity, accuracy and completeness; Perform a gap analysis on the data to identify shortcomings or potential risks.
- Elicit, gather, analyze and document the client’s business and user requirements through running workshops and meetings with the client; Identify the core business problem to be solved and/or value to be added by Kurtosys using business analysis tools, techniques and best practices.
- Applying your knowledge of the Kurtosys platform and products, design a solution that fits the client’s data model and meets the client’s business & user requirements.
- Own the business and functional requirements of the client and act as the subject matter expert to ensure synergy between what the client wants/expects and what the implementation teams delivers.
- Attend ceremonies (stand-ups, grooming, retrospectives) to help manage and groom the delivery backlog and to field questions from the developers or QA team.
- Own the documentation space, ensuring it is up-to-date, organized neatly in accordance with standards and contains all relevant information.
- Design user interfaces (website wireframes and components) using industry standard tools and technologies.
- Ensure the delivered solution accurately meets the client requirements as initially identified – the business problem or value proposition.
- Provide support to the project manager, where applicable.
- Continuously improve and add value to the business analyst team and function by open and honest communication with the team, hosting training sessions on pre-decided topics, staying current with BA industry trends and technology and feeding this back into the team.
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and presentation skills.
- Excellence in personal organization, time and stress management.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving abilities; Proven knowledge of fault-finding methodologies and an approach to root-cause analysis.
- Self-motivated and highly driven to continuously learn, adapt and improve yourself and your team.
- A good understanding of databases and data concept.
- General tools such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) or GoogleDocs.
- A strong ability to perform requirements elicitation and documentation.
- The ability to confidently push back on out-of-scope, unreasonable or irrelevant requirements and communicating / justifying your reasoning.
- The ability to design a website solution using wire-framing tools, showcasing an understanding of web elements, components and modules.
- An understanding of the software development life cycle and the comparative pros and cons of traditional (“Waterfall”) and Agile techniques.
- Experience in web design using Photoshop, Sketch (+ Craft) and InVision.
- A background in asset management or detailed knowledge of the industry.
- A good understanding of cloud service providers and technologies as well as future trends in this space.
- Experience in working with database technologies such as SQL Server or MySQL as well as RESTful APIs (XML/JSON).
- Management and documentation tools such as Jira and Confluence; Diagramming tools such as Visio, Gliffy or yEd; Experience with both Windows and Mackintosh operating systems.
- At a minimum, a diploma / degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science / Information Systems.
- Diploma / certificate in Business Analysis preferred.
- Additionally, a qualification in the Financial Services industry preferred.
Kurtosys provides an industry class digital experience platform for financial services companies. Our platform enables financial institutions to orchestrate their data across websites, documents and portals to increase sales, marketing and client servicing eﬀiciency. The Kurtosys SaaS platform offers a range of fund marketing and investor servicing solutions including investment management websites, fund data tools, automated fund factsheets, secure investor portals and document libraries. Our infrastructure and technology are underpinned by our global ISO-27001 certification in information security management; and we have a deep understanding of working with data, industry regulations and compliance issues. Founded in 2002, Kurtosys was funded from Silicon Valley investment and now operates across four global offices and employs over 150 talented people. We work with some of the world’s largest asset management brands that include banks, wealth managers, mutual fund providers and alternative investments.
Want to learn more about Kurtosys? Visit Kurtosys's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst
Beyond, Houston, TX
Core Performance Operation Analyst Intern
Head of NGS
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Senior Data Platform Engineer
Braintree Payments, San Francisco, Chicago, Remote
Associate Data Scientist, Visa Predictive Models
Visa, Foster City CA, US
DevOps Engineer (Intern)