IT Support Manager
LAIKA, Hillsboro, OR
Connecting the New with the Timeless to Tell Enduring Stories
The IT Support Manager is responsible for supporting the end users of LAIKA’s technical systems and tools and ensuring adoption and consistent use across the studio. The position supervises technical support staff, and works collaboratively with artists, technicians and business leaders to address challenges, identify opportunities and ensure production efficiency.
- Manage open support tickets, setting priorities, allocating resources and ensuring reliable follow up on all technical support requests.
- Ensure technical systems and tools are consistently adopted and utilized across the studio.
- Supervise technical support staff.
- Work with Operations Team to ensure delivery of hardware assets to users.
- Work with Systems Engineering team to troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues.
- Coordinate cross-discipline work and handoffs with associate business operations managers.
- Develop methods to measure and sustain user satisfaction.
- Analyze ticket history to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- 7+ years’ experience in an enterprise technical customer support role with strong knowledge of general IT and software development concepts.
- 5+ years’ experience in a management role with supervisory responsibility.
- Familiarity with Mac, Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Familiarity with enterprise data networking devices and concepts.
- Familiarity with data security concepts and best practices.
- Experience with Kanban, Scrum and related methodologies, a plus.
- Experience in a feature film animation or VFX studio, a plus.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with strong planning, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Capable of working at all levels of an organization.
- Adaptable and capable of effectively managing change.
Physical Demands and Work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; stand; sit; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear both in person and by telephone. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee works under typical office conditions and is exposed to variable indoor temperatures. The noise level is usually quiet or moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may occasionally work near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, airborne fumes and loud, prolonged noise (hearing protection required when using power tools).
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Founded in 2005, LAIKA has grown to occupy a unique and distinctive place in American cinema by continuously expanding the boundaries of the 120-year-old technique of stop-motion animation. We are a community of storytellers, artists, inventors, technicians, and craftspeople from around the world, committed to fusing filmmaking’s state-of-the-art technologies with a handmade animation tradition as old as film itself. Our mission is to bring to the screen the kinds of emotional, innovative, and exhilarating stories we as filmmakers loved growing up. Our first feature film was 2009’s Oscar®-nominated Coraline, followed by the Oscar®- and BAFTA-nominated ParaNorman in 2012. The Boxtrolls hit theaters in 2014, garnering the studio its third straight Oscar® nomination. Our fourth film, Kubo and the Two Strings, will be released in the summer of 2016.
Want to learn more about LAIKA? Visit LAIKA's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.