Could this be you?
Landor builds some of the world’s most agile brands – brands that thrive on change. Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design.
The HR Administrator is responsible for supporting the day-to-day HR administrative and operational activities for the New York and San Francisco offices. The HRA will focus on HR systems, administration (HRIS and payroll), benefits and be a key contact for HR inquiries. The HR administrator acts as a liaison with employees and vendors to resolve benefits-related problems and ensure effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations. This position provides administrative support to the HR function as needed (e.g., correspondence, onboarding plans, Payroll and HRIS entry). The HR administrator also ensures plans & programs are administered in accordance with federal and state regulations and plan provisions are followed.
Duties and Responsibilities
Onboarding and Exits
- Partner with recruiting and HRD to ensure smooth transition from candidate to employee.
- Ensures all letters, reference and payroll information is gathered in time for the new employee’s start date.
- Work with the Office/IT Manager to ensure all IT, access, desk and any other detail is prepared for the new hire.
- Conduct background checks & respond to background check inquiries for past employees.
- Facilitate the new starter’s orientations/introductions for the first week & facilitate HR onboarding of benefits.
- Partner with IT for all starts and exits, ensuring the new starter has logins to all our tools.
- Provide the exiting employee with information of what happens when they leave from a payroll, benefit perspective.
- Become a proficient user of the HRIS system – ensuring these are kept up-to date with all employees’ change of conditions.
- Good understanding of benefits and policies. Primary contact for questions and interpretation of Landor’s benefit plans. Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Maintains a good working relationship with our WPP plan managers and benefit suppliers.
- Manage all employee leaves including FMLA and short term disability.
- Administration of pay increase letters and other administrative related duties.
- Organization charts maintenance – monthly maintenance of all org charts.
- Strive to ensure employee understanding of benefits programs through counseling employees/dependents as situations arise. Resolve employee issues related to health plans.
- Partner with Finance and Accounting colleagues to ensure audits are conducted and a strong partnership between the two functions is maintained.
- Help with the roll-out key of HR initiatives: employee surveys, training etc.
- Actively stay abreast of trends and developments that impact HR responsibilities to employees.
- Bachelor degree or comparable experience.
- 2+ years in a HR administration position (or comparable internships) SHRM certification a bonus
- Preferred: Branding or Creative industry - having a good understanding of the challenges an HR person will face in a creative organization.
- Experience of the payroll cycle and preferably knowledge of ADP
- Service focused
- A clear communicator, in person and writing
- Highly organized and flexible
- Excellent knowledge and adaptability to new information systems, experience of a HR system is hugely preferred
- Commercially aware & culturally savvy
- Good numerical / financial understanding
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- Must have excellent emotional intelligence and utter discretion
- Must have confidence and gravitas to promote HR best practice
- Comfortable working in a team, both local and global - building connections with the wider HR function globally and the other offices within the region
About us A global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still. Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, motion graphics, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design. Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 26 offices in 19 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Alitalia, Barclays, Bayer, BBC, BMW, BP, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, FedEx, GE, Kraft Heinz, Huawei Technologies, Marriott International, Nike, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, S&P Global, Samsung, Sony, and Taj Group. Landor is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm.
Want to learn more about Landor? Visit Landor's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Web Development Instructor
Flatiron School, Seattle, WA
Part-Time Online Technical Coach - Data Science
Flatiron School, Remote
Administrative Assistant - Legal Department
Getaround, San Francisco, CA
Intern - Legal Team - Startup studio
Sr. Compensation Analyst
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Talent Partner, Technology
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States