The Executive Creative Director (ECD) works closely with the Managing Director, establishes and enforces creative vision and beliefs within Landor creative community. They oversee creative output and ensures delivery of innovative, brand-led, high calibre creative solutions for all clients. They lead new business and pitch creative content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understanding /awareness of the local aesthetic and culture when creating local and global brands, e.g. type, colour issues, symbols etc. for regions
- Ensures all correspondence, materials, presentations, proposals, etc., seen by prospective and existing clients are error-free, of highest quality and always relevant to the client’s issues.
- Partners effectively with all departments to ensure delivery of on-time, high-quality deliverables that address all relevant prospective clients requirements.
- Communicates findings and recommendations in a clear and compelling manner in written, oral and presentation forms.
- Sharing and importing best practices and resources with peers within broader Landor network.
- Interacts in a positive, professional and motivating manner.
- Constantly powerful when selling work ideas and enforces creative vision and beliefs within the business.
- Responsible for overall creative excellence and is final arbiter for the design group.
- Projects Landor's creative excellence image in the market.
- Champions and drives internal and external award submissions and wins.
Strategic and Innovative Thinking
- Partners with strategy to merge creative ideas and strategic thinking.
- Creates and supervises competitive, inspiring and breakthrough design strategies that transform businesses.
- Delivers presentations internally and externally.
- Trains wider agency on branding practices and champions intellectual capital across offices.
New Business Development
- Drives new business and pitch content.
Project/ Financial Management
- Works with leadership Team to maximize utilization of resource against existing and new clients and mix of permanent and freelance resources.
- Identifies new talent and gives hire approval.
- Partners with executive team members to ensure quality, profitability and client satisfaction.
People and Team
- Mentors and develops cross-discipline expertise.
- Motivates through rewarding talent, imagination, collaboration, passion and leadership.
- Provides ongoing performance evaluation.
- Supports Design Directors deliver effectively for clients.
- Fosters community within creative staff.
- Networks with senior Landor leaders globally.
- An extensive amount of years Creative Leader experience in an international branding/design agency, ideally UK and US based
- Design degree
- Proven international experience, ideally UK or US based.
- Good international industry connections.
About us A global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still. Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, motion graphics, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design. Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 26 offices in 19 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Alitalia, Barclays, Bayer, BBC, BMW, BP, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, FedEx, GE, Kraft Heinz, Huawei Technologies, Marriott International, Nike, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, S&P Global, Samsung, Sony, and Taj Group. Landor is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm.