About Landor & Fitch
We are a global brand transformation company, here to make a positive difference; to our clients, our people and the world around us. We were created by two industry pioneers who were constantly looking for different approaches and solutions by bringing together the unusual to create the extraordinary.
We are a team of a 1200+ curious minds, with 43 offices across 20 countries, working as one, to create extraordinary brand transformation by design.
Landor & Fitch is part of WPP, a creative brand transformation company.
About the Role
We are looking for a Design Director who can interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into compelling creative solutions. Often working under tight deadlines while overseeing multiple projects, the Design Director must be an experienced manager of creative teams (including art directors, copywriters, content strategists, graphic artists, and designers). The Design Director must be an effective communicator, especially when relaying creative concepts to design teams and company stakeholders.
- Distill abstract business concepts and client needs into elegant creative solutions
- Oversee the creative vision and the standard of output across team members who work under them
- Pitch ideas and present the creative vision to clients, and communicate similarly to members of the creative team
- Have management and leadership skills to develop and inspire the creative team
- Ensure that all of the organizations or client's creative output/visuals are consistent with the brand
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion following deadlines
- Ask smart questions, take risks, and champion new ideas
- A degree in a visual design discipline or equivalent professional experience
- Five or more years of experience as a senior-level designer. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience on brand consulting and design.
- Strong client-facing skills to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan to ensure they are met
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting, including summarizing abstract ideas into concrete design outcomes
- Management experience (including leadership, team building, and delegation) leading a creative team
- A solid grasp of art history, design history, photography and the visual arts, pop culture, and counterculture, fluency in current technology, and an understanding of the zeitgeist of social tastes and current affairs
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity brings creativity, which is at the heart of everything we do. We are engaging in creating an environment free of discrimination, where our people and their uniqueness can shine and be celebrated. We're working to set new standards for the industry band we are always striving to create a culture that celebrates equity and belonging.
Landor & Fitch is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
About us A global leader in brand consulting and design, Landor helps clients create agile brands that thrive in today’s dynamic, disruptive marketplace. Our work enables top brands—from Barclays to BMW and Tide to Taj—to stand for something while never standing still. Landor’s branding services include strategy and positioning, identity and design, motion graphics, brand architecture, prototyping, innovation, naming and verbal identity, research and analytics, environments and experiences, engagement and activation, and interactive and media design. Founded by Walter Landor in 1941, Landor pioneered many of the research, design, and consulting methods that are now standard in the branding industry. Today, Landor has 26 offices in 19 countries, working with a broad spectrum of world-famous brands. Clients include Alitalia, Barclays, Bayer, BBC, BMW, BP, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, FedEx, GE, Kraft Heinz, Huawei Technologies, Marriott International, Nike, Pernod Ricard, Procter & Gamble, S&P Global, Samsung, Sony, and Taj Group. Landor is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing and communications firm.
Want to learn more about Landor? Visit Landor's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and