First Line Technical Support Engineer
COMPLETE BREACH VISIBILITY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
- Answers phone calls and emails from Lastline Customers to properly triage problems and document information and collect log files and other technical information required to solve technical support tickets.
- Basic problem solving and research skills to be able to identify problems that are critical and document the issue from the customer perspective.
- Reviews knowledgebase articles and documentation and answers customer questions if the answers are readily available.
- Clearly communicates with partners and customers to ensure they are kept up to date on the status of issues and errors.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge as appropriate.
- Documents findings and ensures that Lastline's support knowledge base is utilized effectively and is maintained and expanded over time.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong communication skills in English both written and verbal.
- Proactive, creative thinker with a proven ability to follow-up after crises to provide long-term solutions.
- Proven understanding of communications protocols (e.g., TCP), the Internet, NTP, routers, firewalls and proxy servers.
- Working knowledge of email services such as IMAP, POP3, MTA and others.
- Experience working directly with customers via email, or remote access.
- Experienced with Linux OS and system administration.
- Technical support / Help desk experience working with technical productsExperience providing top-tier customer service in a professional environment is desirable.
- Computer security background and knowledge is a plus.
- Basic proficiency in other languages such as German, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Arabic/Farsi, Mandarin, etc is a plus.
- Degree in computer science (BSc, MSc, programming, or related field) is a plus.
Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies improve network breach protection with malware detection tools that uncover malware- and browser-based attacks and malicious network activity before suffering a costly data breach. And we enable you to do this with fewer resources and at lower cost than existing malware detection tools. In 2011, Drs. Engin Kirda, Christopher Kruegel, and Giovanni Vigna, three of the world’s most influential academic researchers in cybersecurity, founded Lastline. The company’s vision is informed by the founders’ world-renowned research on malware analysis and evasion techniques, academically-rooted rigor, innovative approaches to network breach protection, and a passion to improve enterprise cybersecurity. Lastline’s unmatched level of visibility, accuracy and effectiveness, and our focus on IT managers’ ever-increasing pressure to secure company networks and assets, has resulted in the company providing specific, actionable, context-rich threat intelligence and decreased data loss to many of the largest and most successful companies around the world.
Want to learn more about Lastline? Visit Lastline's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.