IDS Software Engineer - Network Development
Lastline, London, Boston
COMPLETE BREACH VISIBILITY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- In-depth knowledge of networking concepts and network protocols.
- Excellent proficiency in C development, good C++ skills.
- In depth understanding of the Linux development environment and tools (git, autotools, gdb, profilers).
- Experience in python development, and basic knowledge of Ruby/Puppet.
- BSCS or equivalent.
- Strong analytic thinking and ability to approach potentially complex bugs effectively and methodically, as well as the ability to understand and work reliably and responsibly in large codebases.
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed team.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE NOT REQUIRED BUT WILL STRENGTHEN A CANDIDATE'S POSITION:
- Knowledge of the Suricata codebase, or any other IDS (Snort, Bro).
- Experience in rust (https://www.rust-lang.org/en-US/) development.
- Experience in network security research.
- Experience in the development and maintenance of large code bases.
Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies improve network breach protection with malware detection tools that uncover malware- and browser-based attacks and malicious network activity before suffering a costly data breach. And we enable you to do this with fewer resources and at lower cost than existing malware detection tools. In 2011, Drs. Engin Kirda, Christopher Kruegel, and Giovanni Vigna, three of the world’s most influential academic researchers in cybersecurity, founded Lastline. The company’s vision is informed by the founders’ world-renowned research on malware analysis and evasion techniques, academically-rooted rigor, innovative approaches to network breach protection, and a passion to improve enterprise cybersecurity. Lastline’s unmatched level of visibility, accuracy and effectiveness, and our focus on IT managers’ ever-increasing pressure to secure company networks and assets, has resulted in the company providing specific, actionable, context-rich threat intelligence and decreased data loss to many of the largest and most successful companies around the world.
Want to learn more about Lastline? Visit Lastline's website.
Jobs You May Like
IT Systems Engineer
Lyft, San Francisco,CA
Senior Technology Leader (Multiple Platforms)
Paytm Labs, Noida, Bangalore
Manager, Server Development
ecobee, Toronto, ON
Stockpile, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Software Engineer: Aptible Deploy
Aptible, Remote (North America)
Lead Performance Engineer (Remote)