Malware Reverse Engineer
Lastline, Santa Barbara, SF Bay area, London, Boston
COMPLETE BREACH VISIBILITY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform in-depth reversing of malicious samples to identify potential improvement to our malware analysis and detection systems, in particular to help our engine team fighting evasions against dynamic analysis.
- Monitor the latest developments in the malware landscape by following different feeds (e.g. blogs, mailing lists) to make sure we cover the latest threats.
- Identify/extract/describe program behaviors, write behavioral models in order to detect generic malicious behaviors shared across multiple malware families.
- Monitor and review the results of our malware analysis and detection systems, specifically to determine the detection capabilities and resilience to false-detections of the newly developed malware behavior models.
- Experience in static malware reverse engineering.
- Experience with reverse engineering tools such as IDA Pro and Ollydbg.
- Understanding of program file-formats including PE (native, .net), Mach-O, VB, APK.
- Understanding of exploit techniques in document formats including PDF and Microsoft Office documents.
- Development experience, Python in particular.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Industry experience in malware analysis, with a specific focus on evasive malware.
- Understanding of kernel/ring0/rootkit analysis is a big plus.
- The urge to play some foosball or pool... training on the job possible ;-)
Lastline is revolutionizing the way companies improve network breach protection with malware detection tools that uncover malware- and browser-based attacks and malicious network activity before suffering a costly data breach. And we enable you to do this with fewer resources and at lower cost than existing malware detection tools. In 2011, Drs. Engin Kirda, Christopher Kruegel, and Giovanni Vigna, three of the world’s most influential academic researchers in cybersecurity, founded Lastline. The company’s vision is informed by the founders’ world-renowned research on malware analysis and evasion techniques, academically-rooted rigor, innovative approaches to network breach protection, and a passion to improve enterprise cybersecurity. Lastline’s unmatched level of visibility, accuracy and effectiveness, and our focus on IT managers’ ever-increasing pressure to secure company networks and assets, has resulted in the company providing specific, actionable, context-rich threat intelligence and decreased data loss to many of the largest and most successful companies around the world.
Want to learn more about Lastline? Visit Lastline's website.
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.