Finance & Data Analyst
LeagueApps, New York, NY
LeagueApps equips sports leagues with the technology to create great experiences
Finance & Data Analyst
Location: New York City, NY Department: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
LeagueApps is a fast growing, venture backed, sports technology company that equips sports organizations with the technology, resources and connections they need within their local communities. Our best-in-class SaaS platform currently enables over 2mm sports registrations per year and is growing in the triple digits.
LeagueApps' mission is to make sports easier and more enjoyable to play. Our motto is “Play Forever”. We are inspired by the following quote from Nelson Mandela that adorns our wall: “Sport has the power to change the world... it has the power to inspire. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Sports can create hope where once there was only despair”.
The Financial Analyst Role
The LeagueApps Financial Analyst will report directly to the VP, Finance and help scale our financial, accounting, and data operations to the next level across all departments.
The ideal candidate:
- is a well-rounded top performer with a background in investment banking, management consulting, or startup finance
- is an expert at conducting data analysis to drive strategic insights, recommendations, and decisions
- wants to develop their future CFO skillset by leading the the day-to-day financial administration of LeagueApps
- desires to be a difference-maker by leading new projects and initiatives that will impact the entire company
Finance, Accounting, Operations, and Data Responsibilities:
- Learn and own the day-to-day financial administration of the company including key parts of monthly close, AR/AP and vendor management, expense controls, department budgeting, banking, and helping manage our part-time bookkeeping and accounting resources
- Execute monthly billing operations, cash management, reconciliations, payroll, sales commission plans, variance analyses, and reporting
- Responsible for SaaS revenue accounting and reporting; must develop thorough understanding of our current billing system
- Create financial models to evaluate company growth initiatives and special projects, and support company department leaders to drive performance, forecasting, and goals
- Perform month-end variance analysis and provide high level commentary and insights to management team
- Create and drive new KPI metrics to track and measure performance trends across every department
- Drive new projects such as pricing strategy, scoreboards, compensation plans, new revenue streams, and cost savings initiatives
- Be an interim data scientist to gain insight and be a source of truth for all data- and metric-based decisions
- Extract actionable insights from huge volumes of data using data mining, statistics, and database techniques
- 2-4 years of progressive consulting, investment banking, or startup finance experience
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Working experience in high-growth, SaaS/recurring revenue, private companies preferred
- Desire to work closely with cross-functional teams and operating managers
- Excited to apply existing financial and analytical skills to a collaborative team-based working environment
- Knowledge of sales funnel management and associated marketing programs a plus
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Salesforce.com, SQL a plus
- 2-year commitment with desire to move into more senior operational or managerial roles at LeagueApps or attend business school
- Problem solver
- Fan of "zero-defect" analyses and data
- Data-driven decision maker
- Translates analysis into indicators for operational change and improvement
- Self-starter, initiator, willing to try different approaches
- Team player who is diplomatic, savvy, and has a high level of emotional maturity
- Manage and prioritize competing demands
- Excel all-pro
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment with constantly-changing priorities
LeagueApps Cultural Values
- Be A SportsDog. Sportsmanship, Passion, Openness, Results, Team, Difference Maker, Grit
- Follow us on Instagram and see what we are all about.
- Competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and equity for all employees
- Free sports leagues & events
- We're a tight-knit group of 40+ with an energetic company and team culture
- Semi-annual team OTA Meetings. Watch us work at our LeagueAppathon
- LeagueApps Speaker Series with investors, advisors, sports influencers and professional athletes
LeagueApps has spent years developing a software solution to bring value and benefit to sports organizers and their participants.
We’re focused on building relationships with these organizations to understand how they operate and help figure out how LeagueApps can be configured to be a valuable solution.
Want to learn more about LeagueApps? Visit LeagueApps's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Accountant / Buchhalter (m/w)
Casper, New York
Revenue Operations Associate (UK, NL, or IRL)
InVisionApp, UK, Netherlands, or Ireland (Remote)
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
BarkBox, New York, NY
Junior Pricing Analyst- Arabic Speaking based in Barcelona!