Web Design Intern -NYC
LeagueApps, New York, NY
LeagueApps equips sports leagues with the technology to create great experiences
Web Design Intern - NYC
Location: New York, NY Department: Design and Development
Type: Internship Min. Experience: Student (College)
LeagueApps is on the hunt for new and talented web design interns. The position provides an agency-wide experience that encompasses web, as well photography and video production for a variety of partners.
Designers at LeagueApps are a fun bunch, and we all do a bit of everything. We’re not just setting type, picking hex colors, or pushing pixels in Photoshop. In addition to graphic design, designers at LeagueApps plan the user experience for not just marketing pages but all touch points, and craft the HTML and CSS to bring it all together. We don’t think this makes you a unicorn, or a ninja, or a rockstar. We just think it makes you a well-rounded designer. You may not have all these skills yet, but you’re looking for a place to learn and hone them.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include assisting in designing and building website for league organizers. You'll also have an opportunity to work on internal projects and experiments — all of which will make for excellent contributions to your portfolio at the end of your time here.
You might live in Northern VA or NYC, and that’s great. We want to know that you’ve done this kind of work and want to keep growing your skills. You have a love for design, a soft spot for art, and a fascination with technology. We’re hoping you also have completely unrelated hobbies that will make us love you even more.
The team player we are looking for:
- Knows Adobe Creative Suite like the back of their hand
- Comfortable using various design tools like Sketch
- Has experience with HTML/CSS
- Enjoy collaborating and effectively communicating with other designers, developers and product owners to create beautiful, intuitive WordPress sites
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that help lead conversations, and ultimately projects, forward
- Love to wireframe and prototype quick designs that sell your ideas
In this role, your responsibilities include:
- Assist in the design of WordPress website using tools like Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator or after effects.
- Assist in building/coding out WordPress themes for sport organizations
- Design and code HTML/CSS static landing pages
- Work with Launch team on implementing partner site to match and bring over to LeagueApps Platform.
- Collaborating with other designers, engineers and product owners on the marketing and product definition process
Ready to apply?
At LeagueApps, we have a long standing history of favoring candidates who put in extra effort in their applications. Whether that’s a video of you introducing yourself or making us a custom website—that’s all up to you. We want to know if you’re qualified, a good fit, and most importantly, you want this job and not just any job.
When you’re ready, shoot an email to me at design [at] leagueapps.com with your design portfolio and anything extra you’d like to send along. I’ll share everyone’s applications with the team. When we’ve narrowed down our list of candidates, we’ll reach out to you.
If this sounds like you, I’m encouraging you to apply. If this isn’t you and sounds like someone you know, please pass the word along for us!
LeagueApps has spent years developing a software solution to bring value and benefit to sports organizers and their participants.
We’re focused on building relationships with these organizations to understand how they operate and help figure out how LeagueApps can be configured to be a valuable solution.
Want to learn more about LeagueApps? Visit LeagueApps's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Developer - BI
Gwynnie Bee, Bangalore, India
React Native Developer
Executive Assistant, Engineering
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Engagement Manager, Professional Services - NYC
Looker, New York
Enterprise Technical Support Engineer (East Coast)
InfluxData, Boston or Remote (US)
Red Ventures, London, UK