Year On Community Coordinator
Learn Capital, San Francisco Bay Area
Transforming how the world learns.
About Year On
- Year On is on a mission to support high school graduates learn about themselves so they are better prepared for college and beyond. We use our coaching methodology to meet students where they are so they can identify what interests them in a proactive way. Our graduates talk about how this program changed their lives, leaving them better prepared for what is ahead, even if they don’t have all of the answers. If you’re someone who looks back and thinks, “I really wish I took some time to think about who I was before I jumped into college/work/life,” this is a unique opportunity to contribute to a team that is building a program to support students gain confidence, clarity, and direction for their next steps.
- Self-starter who works well independently and as part of a team
- Passionate about education and empowering young adults to realize their potential
- Easily and quickly builds credibility and rapport with young adults
- Knows how to create a safe and welcoming environment in 1:1 and group settings
- Knows how to create authentic relationships while maintaining professional boundaries
- Fast learner who is highly motivated to work efficiently and adapt quickly
- Organized, enthusiastic, efficient, and responsible personality
- Open-minded and values community, diversity, and inclusion
- Willingness to jump in wherever and wear multiple hats when needed
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset
- Create a positive atmosphere, environment, and experience in the dorm for the students and the cohort as a whole
- Plan, organize, and facilitate community events in the dorm and around the city
- Manage a student activity calendar and budget
- Collaborate with the program team and coaches to deliver a cohesive experience
- Effectively communicate with students, program team, housing administration, and UnCollege management
- Proactively identify sensitive student issues; know how to de-escalate such issues, and how and when to escalate problems and to whom
- Own an individual project at UnCollege for the duration of Launch, such as managing social media, collecting/creating content, leading an evening Adulting 101 series, etc.
- Have your own projects that you’re pursuing, whether that is a grad school degree, new business venture, or perfecting a new chili recipe
- Must be 25 years or older
- Must be able to work legally in the U.S.
- 3+ years experience working with young adults from diverse communities and backgrounds
- 2+ years experience working in a student/residential life or community role
- Demonstrated experience in team building and/or culture creation
- Demonstrated experience in event planning and budget management
- Acute attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once
- Monthly stipend of $1,500/month
- Single room in our student dormitory (must live in the dorm for the duration of the contract)
- Workspace at our office in Galvanize SF
- Lunch on weekdays
- Opportunity to participate in workshops and curriculum
- Dates: September 26, 2018 - December 18, 2018*
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Commitment: 25-30 hours per week typically on weekday evenings and weekends
How We Work
- We are a group of hard-working, fun-loving people who take our jobs seriously but like to laugh along the way. We are passionate about empowering young adults with the skills and know-how to succeed in the real world. Our students inspire us every day and fuel the work that we do. We are open-minded and open-hearted. We value community, diversity, and inclusion. We live the same values as we teach our students: growth mindset, bias towards action, goal setting, and accountability. We like kind jokes with a side of sarcasm. We are open to feedback and self-improvement. We continually challenge ourselves to become better as individuals, colleagues, and a team.
How To Apply
- Submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Community Coordinator Application” as the subject line.
About Learn Capital
Learn Capital is a venture capital firm concentrating exclusively on the global education technology sector. We invest in innovative learning content, platforms, and services. Our companies are engaged in the transformation of educational engagement, access, and effectiveness in formalized schooling, corporate and consumer settings throughout the world.
Want to learn more about Learn Capital? Visit Learn Capital's website.
Jobs You May Like
PR Lead - DACH
Field Marketing Coordinator
Getaround, New York, NY
Senior Product Marketing Manager (m/f/x)
Blue State Digital, LDN
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Product Marketing Leader - Employee Experience
Qualtrics, Provo, Seattle