Varsity Tutors - Senior Software Engineer
Learn Capital, Seattle, WA
Transforming how the world learns.
- 5+ years coding experience
- 3+ years experience with Ruby on Rails or similar web frameworks (e.g. Django)
- 3+ years experience with highly concurrent languages such as GoLang, Erlang or Scala
- Experience with deployment systems (e.g. CodeShip, AWS CodeDeploy)
- Familiarity with AWS Services (e.g. RDS, Kinesis, EC2, et cetera)
- Familiarity with the Linux Operating System and command-line tools
- Understanding of OO design, algorithms, and data structures
- Aptitude to quickly learn new languages and technologies as necessary
- Computer Science or related degree
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to show you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- A background check is required as a condition of employment.
- Write performant, maintainable code that is easy to read and well-documented
- Write automated tests to validate the correctness of your code
- Deploy large-scale web applications
- Have a focus on quality, and operate iteratively to get from good to better
- Be a part of your team’s on-call rotation; we all own our code end-to-end from development to deployment to operations
- Work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic and fast-moving team
- Highly motivated to learn new things
- Be effective in a team environment working with fellow engineers, product management, and design (INDHP)
Who You Are
- You are passionate about teaching and learning, always growing your personal skills and mentoring our junior engineers
- You keep the customer in mind, designing systems to deliver the best experiences for our clients
- You Demonstrate intellectual curiosity - Actively seeks out new ideas, new ways of thinking, and diverse opinions. Learns from others’ successes and, as important, from others’ failures
- You Exhibit a Bias for Action – Acts quickly and builds on what works and learns from what does not. When recognizing that something isn’t working, addresses it immediately
About Learn Capital
Learn Capital is a venture capital firm concentrating exclusively on the global education technology sector. We invest in innovative learning content, platforms, and services. Our companies are engaged in the transformation of educational engagement, access, and effectiveness in formalized schooling, corporate and consumer settings throughout the world.
Want to learn more about Learn Capital? Visit Learn Capital's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Twitch Jobs Site has moved to www.twitch.tv/jobs
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Safety & Security Manager, China
Airbnb, Beijing, China
DevOps Automation Engineer
Hyperloop One, Los Angeles
Yelp, Phoenix, AZ
Vox Media, New York
Director of People Operations
Pocket Gems, Company