Cloud Site Reliability Engineer
The CloudStack team builds and operates a state of the art cloud hosting platform based on Apache CloudStack (more information here: https://www.Leaseweb.com/cloud ).
As a Site Reliability Engineer it's your job to design, implement and monitor our worldwide infrastructure together with your colleagues. Technologies you'll work with include Apache CloudStack, KVM, Prometheus, Chef, Docker, Kubernetes.
Our international team at LeaseWeb Product Engineering is in charge of our scalability and automation challenges. The department consists of around 90 techies, working in small scrum teams. Each of the teams is responsible for a different area of our software and infrastructure landscape, covering data center automation, product research & development (CDN, Cloud, Object Storage) and front-end implementations for our websites and customer portal.
The atmosphere is informal and multicultural. There is a clear focus on innovation. Our organizational structure is quite flat and we value independence and entrepreneurship.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop, Maintain and support the Apache CloudStack infrastructure
- Ensure the availability of Linux-based virtualization platforms
- Identify and propose solutions for improvements or structural problems before they become incidents.
- Regular on-call duty
- Proven background in setting up infrastructure architectures
- Demonstrable Linux knowledge
- Shell, Python or Ruby Scripting skills
- Strength in problem analysis and conceptual thinking
- Driven to improve quality and prevent incidents.
- Knowledge of Open-source virtualization management frameworks (CloudStack, OpenStack, onApp, SolusVM) would be a pro
- Experience with monitoring & graphing toolsets
- Good written and spoken English
What we offer
- Competitive salary, above market average + annual bonus
- Defined contribution pension plan and collective health care plan
- 25 days of paid time-off
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- VISA sponsorship when you are not living in the Netherlands.
- The possibility to develop yourself and build up your career
- Team fun events, including a full two-day hackathon every quarter
- Ping-pong, game consoles, chilling area, monthly happy hours and other fun events
- The chance to leave your mark in a company that grows quickly but still manages to keep a pioneer spirit.
Please use the link to apply, so we can get back to you as soon as possible.
Our History Our company started in the clouds. 20 years ago while still working as professional pilots, our Dutch founders understood the importance of reliability and global connections. They crossed borders. They safely brought passengers, crew, and craft around the world. Witnessing the growth of the internet around the world, our founders envisioned how they could use their skills and experience to build the internet as a service, making it accessible and available to everyone. Today, that same vision remains part of our DNA. We have always aimed to go beyond expectations. Growing from a startup to a global player is just the beginning. We have the drive, experience, and ambition to go faster and further, while never forgetting the importance of trust and reliability. We’re proud of who we are and excited about the future.
Want to learn more about LeaseWeb? Visit LeaseWeb's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager (Boston)
Circle, Boston, MA
Sr. Data Visualization Analyst
Intricately, San Francisco
Product Engineer (Relocation Included)
TCGplayer, Syracuse, NY
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media- New York, NY
Textile & Material Development Manager
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Software Product Manager