Product Manager, Platform
LendUp, San Francisco, CA
Our mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health.
LendUp builds technology, credit products, and educational experiences for the 56% of the U.S. population who are currently shut out of mainstream banking because of poor credit or volatile income. That’s a lot of hardworking, deserving people.
Our mission is to provide anyone with a path to better financial health. Being a socially responsible lender is a big job, but we’re more than up for the challenge. Now in our fifth year, we’re growing each and every day as we continue to bring our mission to life. Join our exciting team and help us turn our mission into a movement.
LendUp is headquartered in downtown San Francisco with an office in Richmond, VA. We’re backed by prominent Silicon Valley investors including Y-Combinator, Google Ventures, Susa Ventures, Data Collective, Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz Seed Fund, Kapor Capital, QED, Eagle Cliff Investors, Yuri Milner, Thomvest Ventures, and many others.
We are continuing to build the next generation of dignified financial products that we all deserve — giving us back our time, money and control of our financial well-being.
LendUp is recruiting a Product Manager to join the Data Team. As part of the broader Platform team, your surface area will cover the entire LendUp data infrastructure, including the pipelines, warehouse and controls systems, plus select projects on the Infrastructure team. This position is to be based in San Francisco.
- Develop and manage end-to-end product features and roadmaps in LendUp’s Data and Infrastructure teams
- Provide day-to-day coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks
- Interface with Engineering, business owners and consumers of data for requirements and scope of features
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Help drive product decisions to align with higher company initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 4+ years of engineering or technical product management experience
- 3+ years of product management experience developing and launching products, ideally with platform experience
- Experience working in highly-regulated environment; Financial services experience a significant plus
- Experience building and driving roadmaps
- Analytical and problem solving skills to find creative ways to overcome obstacles
- Communication skills, along with ability to interact with business owners
- Proven ability to connect with stakeholders, identify unmet needs, and come up with innovative ways of meeting them via new products or feature launches
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks across different disciplines
- Hands on experience working with engineering teams in an Agile environment and delivering on a product roadmap
- SQL and non-production programming skills a significant plus
LendUp has all the things you’d expect from a mission-driven company, like a competitive salary; early stage equity; 100% company paid medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation/sick leave policy; catered, free lunch; kitchens fully stocked with healthy snacks; free onsite gym; 401(k).
But here’s what we really love about LendUpLife:
- Our dog-friendly SF office
- We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive culture that spurs innovation and creates a meaningful and impactful work environment
- We have fun together at our weekly happy hours, quarterly team building events, company-sponsored volunteerism, hackathons, and sports teams
- One of our values is “different backgrounds, same mission.” We are passionate participants in our employee resource groups (LeanIn, LGBTQ & Allies, and Black Ladders...) and have slack channels dedicated to everything from philosophy to sports to hip hop
LendUp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition, or any other reason protected by law.
ABOUT LENDUP We believe access to quality credit is a right for everyone. Even those that banks won’t approve. Forty-seven percent of Americans could not cover a $400 emergency expense (or would have to borrow money or sell their belongings to do so). In addition, over half of the U.S. has a FICO score below 680, meaning they can’t be approved for credit by most banks according to a 2015 Federal Reserve Board study. That’s more than 150 million people who don’t have enough access to credit, leaving them unprepared to handle a car repair, hospital visit, or even an electricity bill coming due before a paycheck clears. Most options for this consumer segment aren’t linked to the formal financial sector, and the options that do exist don’t help people build the credit score necessary to open the door to more choices. So they continue to just get by — but they never get ahead. Worse, estimates from Credit Builders Alliance show that people with a low credit score will pay $250,000 more for financial services over the course of their lives. We want to fix that. We believe credit can provide peace of mind. Relief. Room to breathe. And room to grow. So our vision for our customers in eligible states is universal access to credit that expands over time — and along the way, we give them the chance to improve their credit scores, too.
Want to learn more about LendUp? Visit LendUp's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Writer - Developer Documentation
Sr. Product Manager (Voice)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Personalization
Quora, Mountain View, CA
UI Designer - Growth Team
Director, Product Marketing
Uptake, 600 W Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60654 ste 620