letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Senior Product and Privacy Counsel will contribute on a broad range of issues. This position will be based in New York but an initial one-year expat assignment in Barcelona is available.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams and our partners to help ensure that letgo products and infrastructure are compliant with applicable laws and regulations, incorporate privacy-by design principles and protect the security of our users’ data
- Work with our marketing team to ensure that our marketing efforts comply with all applicable laws and regulations
- Be an advocate for user privacy rights within letgo
- Serve as letgo’s Data Privacy Officer for purposes of the GDPR
- Draft and contribute to user friendly terms, guidelines, policies and disclosures to enable our users to understand how to use our products and how what we do impacts them
- Assist in drafting and negotiating data protection agreements with vendors and subprocessors
- Develop training materials and provide training to employees on privacy-related obligations
- Draft and maintain internal privacy policies and procedures
- Assist and manage a variety of additional related tasks and duties, as they arise
You must have:
- 5+ years of experience at a law firm and/or in house
- Strong subject matter expertise in privacy law, including GDPR and CCPA
- J.D. and a member of New York (preferred) or California bar
- Excellent judgment – ability to prioritize and make good decisions despite ambiguity
- Very good communicator (verbal, written, listening) and a willingness to improve
- Good contract drafting and review skills and a desire to be excellent
- Responsible (sense of responsibility for yourself, your team, your company)
- Fluency in Spanish, CIPP certification and the willingness to go to Barcelona for a one-year expat assignment are all a plus!
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings worldwide, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find local deals on anything you do, from electronics to cars. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Strategic Finance
Accordion Partners, San Francisco
Junior Accountant/Payroll Specialist
DNAnexus, Mountain View, CA
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Senior Director, Commercial Legal
Okta, San Francisco,CA
Senior Financial Analyst - Content FP&A
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Global Head of Research
Exiger, Silver Spring, MD