If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please reach out anyways. Humility is a wonderful thing - we're at least as interested in your character as in your talent.
We're looking for a Data Engineer whom's an open-minded developer, passionate about streaming technologies. The mission is to create a brand new event-based rules engine, which has the capacity to transform all-manner of business KPIs by establishing a multitude business use cases in collaboration with fellow Product Managers, Directors, and company VP’s.
We’ve built a company where you can do impactful work surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture, and we’re always working to make it better. letgo hires amazing people, not just amazing “talent” — character is just as important to us as technical expertise. If the opportunity below sounds exciting but you're not sure if you fit all the requirements, we'd still love to learn more about you.
- Join an exciting new team building a stream-based Rules Engine using complex event processing.
- Build a core business component which will process data from hundreds of sources with tens of millions of events daily.
- Employ state-of-the-art technologies to deploy a robust and increasingly scalable solution.
- Abstract technical complexities in order to deliver a streamlined product which is usable by non-developers to express complex business rules.
- Help define the Scrum processes in-line with the unique needs of the squad and become an integral contributor to the culture of the team.
- Work closely with the letgo Trust & Safety team to translate business and user needs into Rules Engine capabilities by reducing the threat of undesirable user behaviour.
- Collaborate IT-security to incorporate Rules Engine features to maintain and build upon the integrity of the letgo platform.
To get there, you’ll need:
- Strong knowledge of Java and / or Scala.
- Experience in designing data systems with a particular focus on domain event architecture.
- Track record and high comfort level with handling large volumes and variety of data.
- Good understanding of the main event-streaming frameworks, e.g: Kafka.
- Familiarity with Complex Event Processing tools, e.g.: Kafka Streams / Flink / SparkSQL.
- Proficiency in building well-designed and documented Rest APIs.
Familiarity with modern software engineering best-practices, i.e.: testing, continuous delivery, etc.
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
- Comfortable working within Linux environments.
- Hands-on experience using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure (AWS).
- Experience in building front-end applications.
- Generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Beautiful, recently renovated office close to the beach in Barcelona (with a spectacular rooftop terrace!).
- Career path with a training budget and a monthly “letgo:tech unconference” (OpenSpace) in the office.
- Robust relocation package.
- Physical therapy in Barcelona office.
- Fully stocked kitchens.
- Team building activities.
- Language and other courses.
- Sports: GymForLess, yoga classes in the office, basketball, futsal and volleyball teams.
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, Wall Street Journal, Fortune and thousands of others worldwide.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over +270 represents more than 40 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo's goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
letgo is an environment where you will learn, be challenged, and grow. We offer the opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, research, and work autonomously, alongside some of the brightest minds.
With over 100M downloads and 400M listings, letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. One of America’s most popular apps, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like video listings and letgo Reveal, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded in 2015 by Alec Oxenford and Jordi Castello, with cofounder Enrique Linares joining soon after. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and many others worldwide.
Be a Better letgo Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at letgo when you watch classes taught by their top employees.