letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The FullStack Data Engineer is a Senior Developer passionate about Big Data whose mission is to create the best strategy to treat data and super our Data Science team with the best insights.
We’re looking for someone who wants to build something huge and that people love because it makes their lives simpler:We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Collect and process data from hundreds of sources daily (half a billion events of hundreds of types being produced daily)
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop experiments and deploy solutions to production
- Curate massive amounts of data and make it accessible
- Design highly scalable, concurrent and robust data architectures
- Ensure product and technical features are delivered to spec and on-time
- Design and implement features in collaboration with product owners, reporting analysts/data analysts, and business partners within an Agile / Scrum methodology
To get there, you'll definitely need:
- Streaming processing tools like Kafka / Kinesis, Storm, Flink, Spark Streaming, etc
- Storage of data with any of these: Cassandra, HBase, Elastic Search, Solr, Redshift, any NoSQL or graph databases
- Querying tools: Hive, Presto, Drill, Impala, SparkSQL, etc.
- Batch processing with Hadoop or Spark
- Concurrent and distributed programming: reactive extensions, AKKA, etc
- Graph processing: Spark GraphX, Apache Giraph
- Lambda architecture, kappa architecture
- YARN, Kubernetes, Docker
- Cloudera, MapR knowledge
- Machine Learning knowledge
- Sci-py, R, Scala
- Notebook (Jupiter, Zeppelin, Databricks)
- SparkML, Deeplearning4j, H2O, Tensorflow, etc
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Massage therapy (Barcelona office)
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings worldwide, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find local deals on anything you do, from electronics to cars. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Operations Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Forward Deployed Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Ottawa, Canada
Domino Data Lab, New York
Software Engineer, Experimentation
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Technical Lead, Fraud Risk Systems