letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 230 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
We are seeking a Financial Controller that is an eager, curious and passionate accounting professional who demonstrates critical thinking skills and is always looking for ways to innovate through better, more efficient, scalable ways to complete your own and your team’s tasks.
We’re looking for someone who’s ready to do this big, and do it right.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do great work with meaning, surrounded by great people. We work hard to eliminate the negativity that holds back so many other companies. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Manage the accounting function. Oversee all related day to day accounting operations and month-end close procedures.
- Evaluate all current accounting processes and procedures, identifying gaps, design and implement improvements in systems, processes, internal controls and efficiencies.
- Own the monthly consolidation of the financial statements for our global, multi-currency, multi-entity organization
- Lead the annual financial statement audits and tax returns working with our external tax consultants and auditors
- Complete ad hoc projects and analysis report requests as needed
To get there, you’ll need:
- Public accounting experience and CPA license (preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- 8+ years of progressive experience (preferably in the technology industry) and 2+ years of management experience. Strong accounting knowledge (US GAAP) is a must. Experience leading accounting functions, managing and developing the team.
- Experience with generalized enterprise level accounting systems (Quickbooks, Xero, or NetSuite preferred). Passion for leveraging technology to automate processes and systems. Track record of implementing accounting systems and improving accounting processes.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and push forward
- Ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on in an entrepreneurial fast-paced environment with an enthusiastic spirit that no job is too big
- Must be a team player and a fast learner, who works effectively and is able to juggle a variety of responsibilities and work with a sense of urgency without sacrificing quality
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Top-notch Excel skills and a immaculate attention to detail
- Experience in global, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environments (preferred)
- Experience in pre-IPO companies (preferred)
- Fluency in Spanish (preferred)
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Beautiful, new office in the heart of Soho and along the beach in Barcelona
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of our offices
- Robust relocation package
- Fully stocked kitchens
- Team-building activities
- Language and other courses
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
letgo's the largest app to buy and sell locally. With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings worldwide, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find local deals on anything you do, from electronics to cars. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide.
Want to learn more about letgo? Visit letgo's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Risk Analyst - ES/EN/PL/NL/FR/ITA/PT/DE
Associate General Counsel
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Accounting Specialist - Poland
Insider, Warsaw, Poland
Senior Data Architect - NYC
Looker, New York
Carbon, Redwood City
Treasury and Hedge Accounting Specialist
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland